Scientist - Microbiology / Biochemistry / High-Throughput Screening / Discovery
The Microbiome & Human Health Innovation team is looking for a scientist with a strong background in microbiology or biochemistry...
The Microbiome & Human Health Innovation team is looking for a scientist with a strong background in microbiology or biochemistry, assay development and high throughput screening.
The team assesses the potential of next generation probiotic and therapeutic bacteria to improve food and health by building a strong portfolio of scientific data to support our commercial probiotic business. This work is varied, with both evolving needs and fast growth, and often involves early stage research, such as developing new platforms for biomarker identification or optimising growth conditions.
- Screen bacteria for probiotic, safety, and production-relevant properties
- Develop, improve, and establish general microbiological, enzymatic, and other biomarker assays
- Generate, analyse, summarise, and present experimental data
- Prepare samples for analyses by internal and external partner laboratories
- Organize and keep track of experimental data, sample inventories, and supplies
- PhD in microbiology or biochemistry (or MSc with 4 years’ work experience)
- Practical experience in assay development and downscaling of existing protocols for automation / microtitre plate format
- Hands-on experience with high-throughput screening methods, including working with liquid handling robots
- Skilled at designing experiments, especially with view to establishing new and optimising existing methods and protocols
- Proficient at establishing and managing systems and inventories (cell banks, data, protocols, etc.)
- Experience with anaerobic microbiology, bioinformatics, or flow cytometry is an advantage
- Knowledge of routine lab practices and safety regulations (e.g., class 2 biosafety, etc.)
- Good written and spoken English is required
- You are ambitious, ready to take responsibility, and are driven by generating novel and valuable data.
- You are organised, able to balance a wide range of activities, resourceful, independent, and self-motivated
- You are eager to learn new techniques, take on new tasks, and can switch easily between these
- You have excellent communication skills, like working as part of a diverse team, are flexible, and will go the extra mile to maintain a good working environment
For further questions, feel free to contact Gemma Henderson, Human Heath Strain Platform Manager, at e-mail email@example.com.
Please apply on-line via the "Ansøg" link. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 1th of December 2017, but please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will be processing incoming applications continually.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder