Do you want to work for an innovative geophysical quantitative interpretation (QI) company in Copenhagen?
We are looking for a system administrator with the broad overview to take our Linux system and software to the next level.
Qeye is a geophysical technology company specializing in quantitative interpretation. We provide project-based consultancy to the oil and gas and green energy industries. Qeye develop algorithms to process vast amount of seismic data on a Linux platform. Qeye operates globally from offices in Copenhagen, Denmark (HQ), Calgary, Canada and Perth, Australia.
We are seeking a strong, independent and experienced Scientific Linux system administrator with strong python skills and preferably software development experience.
- Develop and maintain existing Linux/python eco-system and related open source services.
- Deployment of OS and software.
- Procurement of hardware.
- System documentation.
- Support the users with everyday IT problems.
- Help developing our computational python platform.
We are looking for
- You have computer science, engineering or similar background.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years proven experience in Linux system administration.
- Strong python and BASH scripting skills.
- Software development skills, revision control etc. would be an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of open source technology and a keen interest in new technology.
- Experience with a technical/engineering/scientific user base and their requirements.
- Service minded team player with attention to detail.
- Pragmatic and practical approach to solving problems as a team effort within the IT group.
- Written and verbal communication in English.
- Willingness to travel, plan service windows outside working hours etc.
A challenging and personal developing position in a small and agile organization, where you can build and develop your personal and professional skills. You will be able to influence the position in accordance with Qeye’s needs and your own preferences and skills. We strive to be good colleagues and have a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
For further information please contact Ask Jakobsen, telephone +45 2834 6936. Please show interest for the position at Qeye by submitting your CV and application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than October 24th 2019.