SCADA Senior Project lead for wind farm automation
Are you highly motivated for working with automation systems, and would you like to manage the automation design.....
Are you highly motivated for working with automation systems, and would you like to manage the automation design construction and sub supplier handling of international offshore wind farms?
Join us and become SCADA senior project lead in the SCADA department, responsible for all engineering phases within offshore wind farm automation. Our tasks include working with specification, design and implementation of wind farm automation and communication systems as well as project management of the complete automation delivery
The department is part of Wind Power which has 2200 employees and is one of three business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our Danish offices in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work as you will be working on projects in Northern Europe.
Your key duties will be to
- cooperate with your colleagues in our engineering division, the SCADA department manager the team leads and the Product Line as well as managing the engineers assigned from SCADA in the project
- be responsible for budget, time, quality and safety within automation reporting to the electrical project manager
- manage stakeholders, subsupplier contracts technical deliveries and project risk as well as heading project tendering and tender evaluation within the SCADA systems field
- manage various automation system tests according to defined SCADA standards
- handle commissioning, documentation, handover and follow-up on tasks related to the automation and conduct lessons-learned seminars with a view to developing the SCADA product line.
After an introduction period in Denmark with a duration of at least six months, you will be assigned the SCADA senior project lead responsibility for a specific offshore wind farm throughout the entire project lifecycle. You will report directly to the electrical project manager responsible for scoping the complete distribution system delivery.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a degree in IT or electrical engineering combined with experience, preferably from the energy sector
- have strong competences within automation project management
- preferably have automation knowledge, especially within station control systems for power systems and relay protection, and of relevant communication protocols for power system automation
- speak and write English fluently
- are a good team player and have a goal-oriented approach to your work.
Furthermore, have a strong personal drive with the ability to make and implement decisions effectively. You take on a leading role in order to achieve results and assume complete ownership of solutions. You are able to prioritise your tasks and strike the balance between delegation and personal execution of tasks.
Exciting challenges in a dynamic department with a high level of activity and an informal atmosphere as well as the chance to benefit hugely from cross-disciplinary cooperation in an international company.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Karsten Hvalkof Andersen, Manager of the SCADA department, on telephone +45 9955 7633 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 18 September 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 7633