SCADA Senior Project Lead for wind farm automation
Are you highly motivated by working with automation systems, and do you have experience in managing automation design of international offshore wind farms?
Join us and become SCADA Senior Project Lead in the SCADA department, where you’ll be responsible for project execution within offshore wind farm automation. You'll be assigned to a specific European project that is under construction. Our tasks include specification, design and implementation of wind farm automation and communication systems, where project management is key to enable the complete automation delivery within the agreed timeframe, budget and scope.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage projects in a fast-changing environment, with contracts already in place that need your attention to be executed
- work with the already set up SCADA project organisation, enabling the team of engineers and commissioning resources to deliver, where you proactively engage with the stakeholders and follow up on deliverables
- be responsible for the budget, time, quality and safety of deliveries
- manage sub-supplier contracts, stakeholders, technical deliveries and project risk
- handle installation in yard, commissioning, documentation and handover to our internal customer and conduct lessons-learned seminars where outcome is fed back into the SCADA product line.
After a short introduction period, you’ll be assigned the responsibility for a specific offshore wind farm project. You’ll be part of a big project organisation, and you’ll report to the Electrical Project Manager who is responsible for scoping the complete power transmission system delivery. There are great opportunities in this position to grow a network within the organisation very fast.
Your competences include that you
- have a degree in IT or electrical engineering combined with experience, preferably from the energy sector
- have strong competences within automation project management
- preferably have automation knowledge, especially within station control systems for power systems and relay protection, and of relevant communication protocols for power system automation
- speak and write English fluently
- are a good team player and have a goal-oriented approach to your work.
The position requires that you take on a leading role to achieve results and assume complete ownership of solutions. Furthermore, it requires you have a strong personal drive with the ability to make and implement decisions effectively by prioritising your tasks and striking the balance between delegation and personal execution of tasks.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 10 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Tjelum, Team Lead of the SCADA Manager team, by telephone on +45 9955 4302 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You may choose freely to be based either at our Danish offices in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work. On a longer term, the portfolio is continuously growing, and we are moving into new markets in Asia and USA. Candidates who show interest in future expatriation are preferred.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.