Is SAS software and BI your passion? And do you want to apply your knowledge of SAS components to developing the best BI solutions for financial institutions? We are seeking a sharp SAS architect who wants to raise the bar for the use of SAS.
Do you want to set the direction for the SAS architecture of the future?
In your role as SAS architect, you will be responsible for the strategy and application of SAS components in BEC’s BI architecture. This is a role with widespread collaboration across the organisation. Your day will be filled with dialogues with highly specialised colleagues, giving you ample opportunities to bring your knowledge into play for the benefit of colleagues, customers and BEC.
Among your tasks will be to:
- Create overview and transparency by mapping the application of SAS in BEC
- Optimise and streamline BEC’s SAS infrastructure
- Ensure governance around SAS in relation to architectural patterns
- Produce architecture and solution descriptions
- Be the Lead Developer in development projects incorporating SAS
- Create and drive professional networks on SAS in BEC
- Consolidate and develop the existing SAS platform
Do you want responsibility and opportunities to make decisions?
As a person, you are strategic, business-oriented and cost-conscious. You strive for the simple, effective solution to a complex problem – you believe that it has to work in practice. With your analytical and structured approach, you equip yourself and your colleagues to make key decisions in a busy environment. You are motivated by being ambitious for your team and working together to devise new ways to apply technical solutions.
In addition, we expect you to have:
- A relevant degree/higher education
- Broad experience and extensive knowledge of SAS software within BI and Analytics, BI/DW architecture, reporting and operations/infrastructure
- Knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner and/or SAS FM over and above SAS foundation is a must
- Project management experience in architecture and SAS software solutions
- Experience with various types of relational databases
- The ability to ramp up new technologies
- Knowledge of efficient ways to flow huge amounts of data from various data sources (Netezza/DB2/MSSQLServer) to SAS and vice versa
- Experience with SAS Management Console
Experience with Netezza would be an advantage.
Who are we?
At BEC, we will facilitate your development in a highly professional environment, both technically and business-wise - because we greatly value each other’s feedback and courage to challenge ourselves. You will work with 40 talented colleagues who develop advanced BI solutions for the financial sector. We focus our efforts on bringing the latest opportunities in Business Intelligence & Analytics into play and look forward to seeing you contribute with ideas and creativity.
We work from BEC in Roskilde.
Can you see yourself working with us?
If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact our head of Business Intelligence & Analytics, Dennis Glitten, on (+45) 6156 7670. We deal with applications on an ongoing basis but send your CV no later than 1 December 2016.
Watch this video clip to see what other IT architects and others say about working at BEC.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder