Sales Manager for the Retrofit Department
Do you want to enable 2-stroke engines to be fueled with new and more environmental friendly bunker fuels? Then keep reading. MAN Energy Solutions is looking for an experienced Sales Manager for our Retrofit Department.
What am I going to do?
As Sales Manager you will be a part of securing our future growth according to a clear strategy on de-carbonization and strong customer focus. You will be responsible for project sales of large retrofit projects enabling our customer’s fleets to deliver on new environmental regulations and societies demand for more environmental friendly supply chains.
You will be project managing several projects during the entire sales / negotiation process. You will be leading MAN PrimeServ’s daily dialog with our customers on the sales projects you are engaged in. It will be your responsibility to develop bids jointly with tender manager and product managers and secure that MAN PrimeServ customers understand our value proposition and scope of supply. Finally you will together with Head of Sales or Head of Retrofit Projects participate in international negotiation meetings.
More specific your focus will be on:
- Active participating in development of sales of high value retrofit projects
- Developing answers to customers request for retrofit projects
- Developing market analysis and sales budgets together with the rest of the sales team
- Doing project pricing in cooperation tender managers and product managers
- Doing project negotiation in cooperation with head of sales and other group functions like legal and financial
- Doing customer visits and travels to local offices 60-80 days/year
- Qualifying leads together with the rest of the sales team
You will likewise be responsible for creating and maintaining customer relations when it comes to large retrofit projects and securing a close cooperation with our local sales team in our international group companies.
Who am I?
We imagine that you:
- Are sales oriented with a commercial flair
- Are self-driven with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Are able to communicate on all levels in an international environment and be authoritative when needed
- Are fluent in English both oral and in writing and able to communicate in Scandinavian languages
- Have a commercial/technical educational background (e.g. Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, or other relevant education)
- Have experience with complex and solution sales of large projects
Candidates having offshore, maritime or power plant experience will be preferred.
How is my new team?
On daily basis you will be part of a sales team consisting 6 colleagues which are backed by a number of product managers and other specialist.
MAN PrimeServ’s value proposition is to support ship owners and operators to convert their existing fleet’s 2-stroke engines to operate more efficiently and on new environmental fuels like LNG, Ethane, LPG or Methanol.
We are a fast-paced unit with an informal atmosphere where focus is on customers and the performance of their vessels. Being part of the MAN PrimeServ, MAN Energy Service’s after sales and service business, you will work in close cooperation with top management in international maritime companies.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
We are approx. 2.100 employees in Denmark. 1.500 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You will find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we are the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
How do I apply?
If you think this job sounds interesting, we will be happy to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Monday the 12th of October 2020. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Sales Klaus Rasmussen by phone on +45 30 36 16 43. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.