Sales development manager - sales leader with technical background
Responsibilities / Tasks
Would you like a manager position, where you divide your time between leading your team and strategic sales?
You join a market-leading business experiencing rapid growth, where you get great opportunities to drive sales in one of our strong focus areas. Doing so, you get to visit our sales subsidiaries across primarily EMEA, spending 60-80 days travelling annually. Moreover, you will get excessive exposure to our management and significant resources for ongoing development.
Prepare our area sales managers to meet the customer
As our new sales development manager, you join our Oil Starch & Ingredients division. Here, you will head the division’s strategic sales department.
You lead your team and coordinate their efforts, as well as take part in strategic sales. We have already defined a set of market segments and strategic customers for you to pursue. Going forward, you will define our strategic focus areas together with our management team.
Your key priorities will be:
- Drive the business development, commercial strategy, sales targets and activity plans for you, your team and our sales subsidiaries across segments and territories
- Build your team’s and our area sales managers’ excellence within complex technical solutions and process
- Manage sales project pipeline and sales forecasts
- Coach and develop your team
- Participate in our management team of 4 To help set the business unit’s strategic goals and ensure that we meet them
Be our customers’ technical expert on large projects
Although your primary stakeholders will be the sales teams at our local subsidiaries, you also get to engage with customers on large and complex projects. Here, you provide your technical expertise to advise the customer and mobilize relevant GEA experts to support. Also, this allows you to be updated on the customer’s project pipeline, enabling us to bid on relevant projects.
Strong technical expert with solid leadership experience
To succeed in this position, it is essential that you are a strong networker, as you will collaborate with several stakeholders at all levels of our organisation to build knowledge and push your ideas. You have:
- At least 5 years of leadership experience
- A technical background at a master’s level or solid technical experience at a corresponding level
- Solid and successful experience from the processing industry
Being a natural leader, you lead the way by persistently leading our sales managers to reach their targets. At the same time, your empathy allows you to understand both your colleagues’ and your customers’ situation and needs.
If you can see yourself as Sales development manager, Oils Starch & Ingredients Applications, please submit your professional CV, motivational letters as soon as possible but no later than 30 November 2017 via the "Ansøg" link.
We invite candidates for an interview on an ongoing basis, so please do not hesitate to apply. We take down the job ad when we have found the right candidate.
If you want further information, please contact Head of Oils, Starch & Ingredients Applications Christian Rolf Jacobsen at +45 4081 7383 or email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4081 7383