Robotics Engineering Manager
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, successful, and market-leading robotics company?
Mobile Industrial Robots A/S
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, successful, and market-leading robotics company? Are you passionate about software development and people? Do you have the drive and motivation to create an inspirational learning environment? Then join us as our new Robotics Engineering Manager – we can’t wait to hear from you!
You’ll work with robots on wheels and people – it’s way too cool
At MiR, you take center stage in an exciting industry with cool products and cool technologies. You’ll help us ensure our leading position in the market of autonomous mobile robots. We are dedicated to find better and safer ways of moving things from A to B, and we invite you to look into cool upcoming projects. If you thrive in an ever-changing environment and have a can-do attitude, you can make a significant impact on how we scale up, and do it fast.
You’ll dive deep into your field of expertise, and really make it work
In this role, you will manage the development efforts of two rapidly growing teams of talented software engineers, “Robot Platform” and “Robot Core & Mission”. You will guide the teams towards successful roadmap deliveries while ensuring your teams’ well-being and engagement and competency level.
The Robot Core & Mission team’s area of expertise reaches from improving the infrastructure of core components, designing smart interfaces and intuitive missions to extending robot capabilities. The Robot Platform team is responsible for developing the operating system (OS) of our different robots and handle the containerization and coordination of our applications. The teams are diverse and comprised of people with different cultural and national backgrounds.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be a mix of technical and people management. To give you a flavor of your coming role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Check up on and secure employee engagement and well-being
- Facilitating a learning environment and ensuring the competency level of all team members and developing the team
- Annually planned conversations with direct reports; goal setting, mid-year conversation, salary review, etc.
- Employee Engagement Survey deliverables and communication of output
- Recruitment of new employees to the team
- Defining and managing the team’s roadmap in collaboration with other stakeholders (team leads, tech leads, product management, etc.)
- Providing technical leadership through coaching/mentorship
- Securing high standards of software development and establish good practices
This is an onsite position, and you will work out of our headquarter in Odense.
You’ve got what it takes to fit in at the frontier of robotics
At MiR, we come in all shapes and sizes, and we cheer each other on. However, we do expect that you’ll bring the following:
- It is essential for this role that you have experience with people management from a similar role
- Experience with HR processes: recruiting life cycle, conversations regarding personal/professional competence and development, GDPR etc.
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar and experience with software development
- Experience with software development life cycle
- Strong understanding of software architecture and best practices
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Fluent in English, orally and in writing
In this role, your personal and leadership skills will make the difference. You are aware of your management style and have a focus on people development. You have a structured mindset, with strong communication skills, with both internal and external stakeholders. You have a proactive approach towards quality and leadership and the ability to prioritize your own and the team’s workload.
We’re Mobility Makers, Community Creators and Future Navigators
MiR is moving faster than fast as a company, and our mobile industrial robots already move around all over the world within a wide range of industries. By automating in-house transportation, we set people free to use their unique skills. We think it, build it, and see it live and in motion. We invite you into a truly global society, where we sincerely care for each other, and where you are empowered to take on growing responsibilities and make decisions with impact. You will also get space to explore and play around. This is our way of responding positively to change, to navigate the future and to find even better ways of mobility and collaboration. Come and grow as one of our mobility makers, community creators and future navigators. We are the way to go!
Better get moving – we can’t wait to get in touch
We invite you to apply to this position as quickly as possible. Please note that we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager Kent Hansen, Robot Software Manager, via + 45 29 39 47 32.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Otilia Mouridsen, Talent Acquisition Specialist, via phone +45 20 96 18 65.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder