In this job you will play an essential role in conversion of MAN 2-stroke engines from conventional fuel to emission friendly gas operation. Our conversions takes place on competent shipyards worldwide. You will be part of the PrimeServ family, where we are more than 250 colleagues in Copenhagen.
Our Retrofit Department is experiencing rapid growth for engine conversions from conventional fuel to emission friendly fuels like LNG, Ethane and LPG.
We are looking for experienced Site Superintendent to be a part of a conversion team on shipyards during gas conversion projects, from start of installation to trial period and finally system delivery back to owners.
As Site Superintendent, you will be handling a variety of tasks during a conversion:
- Participate in meetings with owner / yard
- Participate / conduct quality inspections of installed equipment
- Handling all documentation and reporting to back office and to class
- Day to day coordination of needed parts from shipyard warehouse to onboard vessel
- Follow up on all reported deviations & request re-order of parts as needed
- Participate in gas trials
- Ad-hoc, attend onboard for training of crew in basic operation of gas engine and rectification of upcoming claims after vessel is returned back into commercial operation
- Marine Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
- Min 5 years Marine experience
- Experience as Mechanical/ Electrical Superintendent during conversion/new building of vessels
- Experience with working in Asian shipyards
- Fluent in English
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office package
- Customer oriented approach
- Experienced with MAN 2-stroke ME engines and general system engineering
As a person…
- You are structured, result-oriented and you are able to comply with quality standards
- You can understand and identify customer needs and requirements
- You are a team player
- You have the ability to plan and coordinate own scope
- You are capable of leading quality inspections
- You are able to meet required deadlines
- You are prepared to be posted for duration of each gas conversion, approx. 2-3 months pr job
Your new team
PrimeServ is MAN Energy Solutions SE’s After Sales Organization, where we sell spare parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers. We want to be the customers preferred Service Partner and build up long-term relations to our customers. The After Sales Organization is supported by more than 100 service hubs worldwide and appr. 3.000 employees.
MAN in Denmark
We’re approx. 2.100 employees in Denmark. 1.400 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday the 30th October 2020.
We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Axel P. Wetche, phone +45 3385 1947 or by email: AxelP.Wetche@man.eu
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.