Do you want to be a crucial part of our growing and dynamic project department, working on exiting and new technologies shaping tomorrow’s environmental friendly marine retrofit solutions?
In this job you will play an essential role in conversion of MAN 2-stroke engines from conventional fuel to emission friendly gas operation. Our conversions takes place on competent shipyards worldwide. You will be part of the PrimeServ family, where we are more than 250 colleagues in Copenhagen.
PrimeServ is MAN Energy Solutions SE’s After Sales Organization, where we sell spare parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers. We want to be the customers preferred Service Partner and build up long-term relations to our customers. The After Sales Organization is supported by more than 100 service hubs worldwide and appr. 3.000 employees.
Our Retrofit Department is experiencing rapid growth for engine conversions from conventional fuel to emission friendly fuels like LNG, Ethane and LPG.
We are looking for experienced Site Superintendents to be a part of a conversion team on shipyards during gas conversion projects, from start of installation to trial period and finally system delivery back to owners.
As Site Superintendent, you will be handling a variety of tasks during a conversion:
- Participate in meetings with owner / yard
- Participate / conduct quality inspections of installed equipment
- Handling all documentation and reporting to back office and to class
- Day to day coordination of needed parts from shipyard warehouse to onboard vessel
- Follow up on all reported deviations & request re-order of parts as needed
- Participate in gas trials
- Ad-hoc, attend onboard for training of crew in basic operation of gas engine and rectification of upcoming claims after vessel is returned back into commercial operation
- You are structured, result-oriented and you are able to comply with quality standards
- You can understand and identify customer needs and requirements
- You are a team player
- You have the ability to plan and coordinate own scope
- You are capable of leading quality inspections
- You are able to meet required deadlines
- You are prepared to be posted for duration of each gas conversion, approx. 2 months pr job
- Marine Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
- Min 5 years Marine experience
- Experience as Mechanical/ Electrical Superintendent during conversion/new building of vessels
- Experience with working in Asian shipyards
- Fluent in English
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office package
- Customer oriented approach
- Experienced with MAN 2-stroke ME engines and general system engineering
We offer a challenging job and international career opportunities in an innovative, global company on the leading edge of two stroke marine technology. Our working environment is open and inspiring with good supportive colleges in a company with a proud history and excellent products. You will be a part of a small Project Execution Team that executes Retrofit Projects. We work in a hectic but informal environment, with aim of serving our customers the best possible solutions & to be the preferred partner.
If you want to know more about MAN Energy Systems please visit www.man-es.com ;
Please be aware that we will have interviews within the applying period.
Application and contact
If you have any further questions, please contact Axel P. Wetche, phone +45 3385 1947 or by email: AxelP.Wetche@man.eu
Application, CV and other relevant documents must be sent electronically through the link “Ansøg” at the latest at the 6th May 2019
We look forward to hearing more from you and about you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.