Center for Hyperpolarization in Magnetic Resonance (HYPERMAG), Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, seeks applicants for a position as researcher or senior researcher in hyperpolarized magnetic resonance.
The Center for Hyperpolarized Magnetic Resonance (www.hypermag.dtu.dk) was recently funded by the Danish National Research Foundation with the mission of addressing basic scientific questions of hyperpolarization by Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) to enable new applications of Magnetic Resonance in the study of biochemical reactions in real-time in vivo and in vitro.
The group has high-resolution NMR systems, several polarizers, a cell lab, chemistry lab and electronics labs. We are 20-25 researchers and support staff.
HYPERMAG is part of the Center for Magnetic Resonance (www.cmr.elektro.dtu.dk) that conducts research in MRI and NMR. Our research is conducted in collaboration with universities, hospitals and healthcare companies both nationally and internationally. Our main educational responsibility is within the BSc and MSc program in Medicine and Technology in collaboration with the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Responsibilities and tasks
Your main responsibility will be to manage the NMR laboratory and related equipment. This means maintaining NMR spectrometers, instrumentation and other infrastructure, and
- Developping and provide NMR training to group members as needed.
- Helium filling of superconducting magnets
- Development and implementation of new NMR experiments and hardware
- Data analysis and presentation of results for users
- Supervision of and assistance to internal users and students
- Supporting the research on hyperpolarization in collaboration with colleagues and external collaborators
You will also contribute to the common research goals of the Center. Since hyperpolarization is a complex method that requires interdisciplinary skills, the conducted research at HYPERMAG is a team effort. Specifically, it is expected that the successful candidate will conduct research on fundamental questions related to hyperpolarization, and contribute to e.g.
- The study and understanding of the physics involved in hyperpolarization by dissolution DNP
- Technological and methodological challenges related to the interface between hyperpolarization and NMR
The position may involve research-based teaching including guidance and supervision of postdocs and PhD students. The candidate is expected to contribute to developing the research portfolio within the above area and to be service-minded, show team spirit and contribute to a good work atmosphere and a thriving environment is essential.
Candidates for a
- Researcher position must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Senior Researcher position must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc
Furthermore, the candidates must
- have a background in natural science
- have a broad general knowledge of NMR and fundamental understanding of the application of NMR to chemical and biological systems
It will be preferred if the applicant has research experience and a publication record within the field of hyperpolarization with dissolution DNP.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Consideration will also be given to:
- NMR experience and skills in running an effective NMR lab
- scientific production
- the ability to contribute to the development of the group.
- personal skills in the form of being organized, good communicator, open-minded, welcoming and a team player
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The position as researcher is a permanent entry-level position. After a maximum of 4 years, a researcher can be promoted to a senior researcher position after assessment. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Jan Ardenkjær-Larsen, Head of Center, phone: +45 4027 2775.
You can read more about us on www.elektro.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 31 January 2018. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Senior Researcher or Researcher.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding teaching and research, based on the “Assessment” bullets
- Documentation of previous teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as senior researcher should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4027 2775