We are looking for specialists to boost our efforts in simulating the physical processes in large marine engines. Would you like to join us and play a role in improving ship transportation to meet future requirements for energy efficiency, emissions, and fuel flexibility?
MAN Diesel & Turbo is the leading designer of marine two-stroke engines that power most of the world’s merchant ships. The Engine Process Research department covers long-term theoretical and experimental research on engine thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, ignition and combustion, emission chemistry, and fuel technology. Generally, the department works with long-term projects as a part of our endeavours to meet the challenges caused by future emission regulations and efficiency requirements on ships.
- Specialist in combustion modelling, fluid mechanics, or CFD on research level (Ph.D or similar experience).
- Interest and qualifications to modify and develop the simulation models and software at hand.
- Effective in handling, processing and analysing large amounts of data in scientific IT environments by use of scripting and visualisation.
- Interest in improving a complex technical product by means of advanced simulation and modelling technology.
- Simulation of in-cylinder processes, in particular focusing on mixing processes, combustion and emission formation. This includes validation of in-house CFD sub-models. CFD simulations will be carried out on our in-house Linux cluster.
- Involvement in collaborative projects with international research groups and specialists from other parts of MAN Diesel & Turbo.
- Cooperation with design departments for developing future engine combustion technology.
- Close interaction with experimentalists for generating suitable validation data.
We offer you
- A versatile, creative, and challenging job in a global company on the leading edge of marine technology.
- An open and inspiring working environment with professional and personal development opportunities.
- Salary package with pension scheme, extended health insurance and flexible working hours.
- Workplace at Teglholmen, 2450 Copenhagen.
If this is the job you are looking for, please send your application, CV, and other relevant documentation of qualifications by clicking "Send application".
The deadline for application is 9 March 2018. Interviews will take place during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you need to know more
For further information about the position, please contact Manager Stefan Mayer at + 45 3385 1304.
Visit our website at http://dieselturbo.man.eu/ for further details of MAN Diesel & Turbo, and learn more about our history, products, and what it is like being employed with our company.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder