Research technician (laborant), microbiology to green tech R&D team
Do you want to pioneer science and improve food and health for more than 1 billion people every day?
At Chr. Hansen, we work to improve food and health and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day.
Our success is built on more than 140 years of innovation and a commitment to ensure the wider adoption of natural ingredients. This allows us to expand innovations into new areas, and to continue working towards a better world. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture - and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while taking part in pioneering science. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We value people who can come up with new ideas and who want to form their own work practice and methods.
We believe that engagement matters, and therefore we strive to make an optimal environment for development by promoting a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
About the position / Who are we looking for
Can you help find natural biological alternatives for conventional pesticides?
If your field of expertise is microbiology and you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact far beyond the average, we have just the right job waiting for you. At Chr. Hansen you will join a leading and very successful international green tech company. You will contribute to find and test natural biological alternatives for conventional pesticides. We are seeking a dynamic Research Technician (laborant or laboratorietekniker) who likes new challenges and is willing to try out our various research areas in our Plant Health Innovation Department.
We are a department with extensive experience in testing both existing and new bacterial products for their beneficial plant growth promoting effect. We aim at gaining in-depth understanding of the physiology of spore forming bacteria in the interaction with the crops to sophisticated screening of beneficial bacteria on plants.
- Your main task is to perform experimental work to characterize growth and phenotypes of Bacillus (and other Gram positives) on the plants using different microbiology, biochemical and molecular genetics methods
- You will be responsible for the documentation of your experimental data, communicate and discuss your results with the team
- You will be involved in research projects aiming at screening new bacterial isolates (especially of Gram Positive Bacteria) for their beneficial effect on the plant and using the generated knowledge as guidelines for strain selection.
- To participate actively in setting up new methods, assays and laboratories.
Your personal profile
- You have an education as research technician (laborant or laboratorietekniker)
- You have experience and interest in microbiology, bacterial physiology and molecular biology
- You are open minded, show innovative thinking to solve technical challenges, are motivated, fast learner and enjoy learning new things
- You show initiative and take responsibility for your tasks
- You have good communication skills and are able to engage in a team
- You communicate in English both written and spoken
We offer a permanent position with direct report to the Department manager of Plant Health Innovation. We offer a stimulating, international workplace within a professional organization focused on linking solid scientific research to business opportunities. In addition, we offer exciting quests and comprehensive experience in the functioning of modern research laboratories, and a good team with dedicated colleagues.
If you have any questions for the position, please feel free to contact Lars Mølbak, Head of Plant Innovation (e-mail: email@example.com; phone: +45 4574 8391).
Please apply by clicking "Ansøg". Deadline is November 19th.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen here
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.