A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while taking part in pioneering science. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We value people who can come up with new ideas and who want to form their own work practice and methods.
We believe that engagement matters, and therefore we strive to make an optimal environment for development by promoting a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
Research Scientist in R&D Microbial Analysis
We are looking for a dedicated Research Scientist to join Microbial Analysis, a key player in the R&D organization of Chr. Hansen.
Microbial Analysis develops and validates microbial methods and provides analytical solutions across the product value chain from research and development through product release and customer support.
You will become part of a busy department where we help each other, aim for scientific excellence, and provide high value to our customers and stakeholders. The department develops microbial assays for emerging activities as well as the Chr. Hansen core business units. We develop enumeration assays, microbial contaminant analysis, and bioactivity assays. We have a focus on novel and scalable microbial methods but also work extensively with classic microbiology. The department is expanding and is therefore looking for an independent and skilled microbiologist to join us.
As a Research Scientist your role will be to participate in the department activities and in projects in the organization, ensuring the correct analytical solutions to the development of new products:
- Develop microbial methods including enumeration and microbial contaminant assays
- Scout for new technology and identify opportunities for automation
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise experiments
- Prepare protocols and reports
- Validation and documentation of methods for probiotic products according to GMP
- Contribute to larger competency and technology development projects as well as ad hoc tasks
- Work with stakeholders throughout Chr. Hansen to ensure high quality microbial analyses for all our products
- Prepare and conduct presentations to projects, business boards, stakeholders, and customers
Your Personal Profile
The ideal candidate is an experienced scientist and PhD with expert knowledge of microbiology. You must be a team player who values collaborating with colleagues, knows how to celebrate achievements, and how to set direction for challenging tasks.
You should have experience with some or all the following:
- Analysis of organisms relevant for the probiotic industry
- Methods for analysis of microbial contaminants
- Automation of methods and/or novel methods for enumeration of microorganisms
- Quality assurance, handling of deviations, and GMP
- Statistical design of experiments and data analysis tools
- Significant hands-on laboratory experience
- Navigate a fast-paced organization, handle many tasks simultaneously, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities in Microbial Analysis.
More information and application
If you have any questions, please contact Hanne Grøn, Senior Manager +45 5339 1676
Deadline for applications is the 12th of December 2018. Please apply early as we may call for interviews during the application period.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.