Do you want to be part of a growing team and play an important role in helping us develop microfluidic biochips for researching the pharmaceuticals of tomorrow?
Sophion Bioscience is looking for a new colleague for our R&D team located at our headquarters in Ballerup, Copenhagen (Denmark). We are looking for a person who can take ownership and contribute to the future development and quality assurance of microfluidical biochip measurement plates, as well as contribute to other areas within robotics and automation for high-throughput pharmaceutical research equipment.
About the position
The candidate has a general technical and scientific understanding, as well as interest for contributing to the pharmaceutical research society. You should be self-driven, results- and decision-oriented and have the courage to make decisions and finding new paths in order to improve and innovate new and existing products. In addition, you should be a finisher that ensures to wrap up and communicate initiatives and projects and, as always handle multiple concurrent projects.
In Sophion we strive to offer high scientific value to our customers and to do that our organization includes many different fields of expertise. This diversity provides an interesting opportunity to work alongside professionals within fields like hardware construction, electronics, embedded software, front- and backend software, microfluidic biochips, cell culture and electrophysiology.
As a Research Scientist in Sophion you will have immediate access to colleague engineers and scientists as well as enthusiastic customers from all over the world. We have an informal and open organization where all employees have a clear voice.
- take active part in improving and supporting our products within our consumable technologies.
- interface with project managers and product managers to translate, formalize, prioritize and execute market requirements into specific product requirements.
- play an important role as an agile team and project member to actively support the rest of the organization where possible within other areas of the Sophion product family.
The Sophion development teams work within many disciplines needed to make automated laboratory equipment including nano- and microscale sensing, liquid handling, communication between various electronic HW devices, recording and secure handling of sensitive measurement data, data analysis and user experience. It is expected that the successful candidate will contribute to other fields in our development team when possible.
- You hold a M.Sc. in engineering or equivalent
- You have experience with mechanic design, microfluidic manufacturing and modeling
- You have experience with manufacturing and process control
- You may have experience with optics relevant in combination with microtechnology
- You strive in working independently in a small team effort.
- You take responsibility and pride in quality and deliverables.
- You communicate good in English both speaking and writing.
Who we are
Sophion was founded almost twenty years ago by a group of passionate electrophysiologists, all having the shared purpose of making patch clamping objective and independent of user skills to provide faster, more accurate and objective results. We are an innovative, rapidly expanding company that has developed from a startup into a global organization, while maintaining the passion and drive to provide solutions for high performance cell analysis.
Today the company’s analytical platforms Qpatch and Qube are placed at leading pharmaceutical companies and Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and with our dedicated support and service, it ensures us a leading position in the market. We try our best to be a great company to work for; fun, fulfilling and always challenging as we compete in a fast-moving market and industry.
Send you application and resume via the "Ansøg" link with “Research Scientist - JD27223” in the subject heading.
If you have any questions, please contact hiring manager:
Head of software and biochip consumables
Phone +45 3045 9880
As soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.