Research scientist, molecular discovery, Novozymes
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about protein display methods and development of high-affinity protein binders through the powerful tools of directed evolution?
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about protein display methods and development of high-affinity protein binders through the powerful tools of directed evolution? Then you might be our new research scientist (PhD) for the next 2 years.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Research Scientist (PhD) with focus on protein display methods as part of the Molecular Discovery function (2 years temporary position)
Do you have a passion and flare for protein display, enzyme biodiversity and protein engineering for a more sustainable future? Do you have a strong personal drive, curiosity and would you like to work with a diverse group of scientists in an international research organization? Then you may be our new research scientist.
Welcome to Molecular Discovery (as part of Enzyme Research)
In Molecular Discovery (MD), we are an international, dynamic group of scientists and technicians working both with natural as well as laboratory generated enzyme diversity. In close collaboration with our protein chemistry and assay colleagues, we are organized in 5 cross-functional teams using agile principles. As part of the Molecular Discovery function, you will be central in developing state-of-the-art protein-based binder solution in close collaboration with our partners across a broad range of applications.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Developing biological solutions to a broad set of problems in the world of today
- Through innovation, enabling Novozymes growth in the fields of bioactive proteins
To succeed you must bring:
- In depth practical experience with protein display techniques, preferably phage display
- A PhD in biotechnology, biochemistry, or other relevant background
- Broad knowledge and interest in protein-based binder domain functionality
- Setting up protein-based binder characterization assays
- Strong team player with a keen interest in a shared ownership on innovation and timely delivery on project goals
- Comfort with working in a setup using agile principles and an international research organization where strong communication skills are required
- Curiosity to learn new things and drive initiatives to completion (go-do attitude)
- Ambition to secure strong IP protection together with the project team
It is an advantage if you have:
- Good understanding of structure-function relationships and experience in protein engineering
- Experience in protein expression in bacterial and fungal systems (E. coli, B. subtilis & A. oryzae)
- Skilled in data analysis and preferably with programing experience (incl. Python, Jupyter notebooks etc.)
This job will be located at Novozymes Innovation Campus in Lyngby, Denmark
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will be closed as soon as as a candidate is found.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder