In our R&D department, at MAN Energy Solutions, we seek a Research Engineer, with focus on analysis and follow-up on piston rings for large two-stroke Diesel engines running on different fuels.
Our overall R&D focus is to reduce exhaust emissions and increase fuel efficiency while reducing first cost. These overall tasks are challenging the design of the combustion chamber components in respect to function, structural integrity and tribology performance.
You will receive tailor made training for the job meaning that both applicants with professional experience as well as fresh graduates will be considered.
As our new Research Engineer, your tasks are...
- Developing, analyzing and designing piston rings and related components for large two-stroke Diesel engines
- Using, supporting and developing in-house software for piston ring calculations
- Designing, conducting and analyzing cylinder condition related tests
- Collecting and analyzing service experience. Involving limited travel activities
- Correlating simulations with collected service experience so as to improve both engine design and simulation techniques
- Support above activities by maintaining relations with engine builders and component suppliers
As our new Research Engineer, your qualifications are...
- Theoretical well founded in mechanical engineering analysis, including FEM
- Programming skills of python and C/C++ is desired
- Communication skills, both writing reports and presentation techniques
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering
- You are driven and able to conclude and communicate findings
- You have a genuine interest in engine technology
- You have an innovative mind-set
- You have an interest for mechanical design taking a practical and target oriented approach
MAN Energy Solutions of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply via link and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is the 31st of March 2020.
We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Manager Henrik Andersson by phone on +45 33 85 17 15 or e-mail address Henrik.Andersson@man-es.com
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.