Engineers to Diesel Research Centre, Copenhagen
MAN Diesel & Turbo develops two-stroke diesel and gas engines for some of the biggest merchant ships as well for power generation on power plants around the world. Our main focus in particular is on optimal usage of fuel combined with exhaust emission legislation. We design, develop, test and do service on these engines.
We are looking for two skilled engineers for our Diesel Research Centre, Copenhagen, where our full-scale two-stroke R&D test engine is located among other R&D facilities.
You will actively take part in the development of our R&D facilities and contribute to developing new products. You will be part of the daily service with experimental R&D activities as well as taking part in larger development projects, which involve the state-of-the-art marine technology. You will in this position achieve a broad, professional insight to all aspects of our products.
Depending on your profile, you will be working in our “Research Engine” department or in the “Research Engineers” department.
- Participate in large cross-organisational development projects
- Participate in R&D activities for new sub-components, systems and engine types
- Be responsible for R&D test campaigns; from intensive, shorter to longer periods (2-4 years)
- Establishment of measuring technology set-up and development of specific measuring solutions
- Prepare, risk evaluate, implement and reporting tests
- Development of our R&D facilities as well as establishment of new test set-ups and supply systems
- Apply new components and systems with regards to subsequent tests
- Development and optimisation of working process (process, control- and measuring systems)
- Coordination of activities with collaboration partners in Denmark and abroad
- Operation and service of our R&D test engine incl. its installations, measuring and control systems
Your tasks will often be solved in close collaboration with colleagues, either as the main driver or as co-player. It is therefore imperative that you excel in teamwork as well as working independently.
Your work place will mainly be in Copenhagen. In the slightly longer term, the position is expected to include a fair amount of travel activities, especially to the Far East. During the first years of your employment, travel activities will however be limited.
- BSc and MSc degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equal technical education
- Practical experience with knowledge or interest in engine combustion processes
- Experience with project work and/or project management to a certain degree
- Broad technical understanding (mechanical, process and electrical)
- Knowledge and/or expertise of measuring technologies and computer network/platforms
- Service minded, result-oriented with a team spirit as well as a personal drive
- English language skills required - written and spoken
- Comprehensive overview as well as detail-oriented
- Curious, flexible and a good mood
- Keep motivation and able to operate under pressure even if things do not go according to plan.
We offer you
- A versatile, creative job in an informal and innovative working environment with professional and personal development opportunities
- The latest high-tech methods and tools in a global company on the leading edge of R&D marine technology
- Salary package with pension scheme, extended health insurance and flexible working hours
- Workplace at Teglholmsgade 35, 2450 Copenhagen SV
- Abundant knowledge sharing and high professionalism
The deadline for application is May 6th 2018. Interviews will take place during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you.
Are you interested?
If this is the job you are looking for, please send your application, CV, and other relevant documentation of qualifications by clicking "Send application".
If you need to know more
For further information about the position, please contact Manager for the “Research Engine” department, Peter W. Jespersen at + 45 3385 1722 or Manager for the “Research Engineers” department, Michael J. Kryger, + 45 3385 2166.
Visit our website at www.dieselturbo.man.eu for further details of MAN Diesel & Turbo, and learn more about our history, products, and what it is like being employed with our company.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder