Would you like to ensure the quality and reliability of our innovative headsets and headphones?
Join us to play a significant part in the concepting phase as you develop the test methods and equipment that we use to set the bar for brand new products.
“In this role, you will work with incredibly talented and experienced colleagues and be free to engineer the tests as you see fit to best determine the reliability of our hardware,” says Senior Manager Ola Hagberg.
Welcome to GN Audio – we know sound
Through its Jabra brand, GN makes intelligent audio solutions that let you hear more, do more and be more than ever thought possible. And in our Product Verification department, we ensure the quality of these products. Every day, we test the reliability of brand-new headphones and headsets for consumers and enterprises and analyze products that either fail tests or come back from the market due to flaws.
Design high-quality test methods and equipment
Joining us, you will become part of a global department with 4 colleagues in Ballerup, Denmark, and 12 in Xiamen, China. Your main responsibility will be to work hands-on with hardware-focused test development for brand-new products, while the testing is primarily performed by colleagues and vendors in China.
Contributing to the concepting phase means you will also collaborate closely with the R&D Mechanics, Hardware and Audio teams.
More specifically, your main tasks will be to:
- Develop test cases, methods and equipment for environmental and mechanical reliability testing in our laboratory (covering areas of IEC 60068-2 standards)
- Perform reliability testing of concepting and prototype units and contribute to reliability reviews
- Document test development, test cases and test results
- Suggest preventive and corrective actions to R&D
- Participate in root cause analysis tasks
- Instruct colleagues and vendors in performing the tests you develop
Joining an international team, you get to travel approx. 15 days a year to Xiamen, China, primarily to review test setups and strengthen team collaboration.
Test developer with strong communicative skills
You are a solid team player, and with your strong interpersonal competencies, you know how to network outside your department. You are an avid participator when discussing your area of expertise in meetings, contributing with your knowledge and ideas in a clear and constructive manner. Finally, we also imagine that you have:
- A B.S. or an M.S. in electrical or electromechanical engineering with focus on test development, or you have obtained equivalent knowledge of electrical devices and test development through work experience
- You hExperience with manufacturing/process technology and the reliability of electronic devices, and it is an advantage if you have worked with test equipment such as climatic test chambers and shakers
- Experience with electrical error tracing
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Hands-on experience and practical skills so that you can help build test equipment from idea to finished system
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and speak and write English at a high level
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 3rd of March 2020. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager Ola Hagberg on +45 3038 3184.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder