Regional Lead Specialist
Imagine a future where you drive our technical requirements in wind turbine SCADA and challenge our wind turbine contractors early on in wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the SCADA and dynamic control aspects of our wind turbine deliverables during project procurement, maturation, and execution, and act as a regional subject matter expert in our product line.
Welcome to SCADA
You’ll be part of SCADA WTG where you together with your colleagues will engineer the SCADA and dynamic control solutions for wind turbines in our offshore wind farm projects around the world. These systems enable the wind turbines to act as one wind farm, and the Regional Lead Specialist plays a key role in ensuring that the wind farm lives up to our standards as well as regulatory requirements.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing wind turbine sourcing projects in certain geographical regions, covering all elements of the SCADA supply in collaboration with internal stakeholders and in negotiations with our suppliers
- developing and maintaining SCADA and dynamic control sections in our wind turbine contract material to continuously incorporate new requirements and learnings from our ongoing projects in the regions
- maintaining region-specific elements of our wind farm control design basis, best practices, processes, and templates, e.g., for grid compliance testing
- engaging in our product line as subject matter expert for wind turbine SCADA and dynamic control, covering areas such as control design implementation, compliance verification, and cyber security
- maturing the wind turbine SCADA and dynamic system control scope in asset projects, handing them over for execution, and supporting control engineers in our asset projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or higher in electrical engineering
- have documented, solid practical experience with control theory and system and stability analysis
- have substantial experience with wind farm control and some practical experience with SCADA solution design, network architecture, IT system integration, as well as commissioning and testing on site
- are ambitious, have high quality standards, and can proactively seek new knowledge and insight in a dynamic environment, where the conditions and objectives are often uncertain
- have strong analytical skills and technical understanding to challenge status quo, colleagues, and business partners while also setting a clear agenda & leading across.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P. Friis-Holm Stæhr, Head of SCADA WTG, on +4599555256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards in Europe, Asia, and the US.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.