to effectively optimize and merge development and testing/QA processes
For our client Secomea, we are on the lookout for an experienced R&D Team Lead to adopt effective agile development methods in their R&D team of developers and QA/test people.
The company is a fast-growing organization, known for its high-quality products and agility. It is becoming increasingly important that the R&D department has focus on efficiency and scalability in order to meet the development requirements of their customers and growing market share.
Although working with an Agile mind-set, no formal Agile frameset is currently used and development and testing are organized in separate departments. The vision is to merge these departments of approx. 10 experienced specialists, and you will be responsible for driving this process via introduction of agile development methods, e.g. Kanban or Scrum, and by other means necessary with focus on optimizing efficiency and quality. You will report to the CTO of the company.
Secomea is a world leader in IoT Secure Remote Access solutions, used globally by large corporates and sold through distributors and OEMs worldwide. They face exceptional growth and were recently awarded the Børsen Gazelle Growth award for the 5th consecutive year, have recently been appointed as Nordic Scaler and they on the Top100 list of best IoT brands in the world.
Confidence, Knowledge and Quality are in their core DNA, and you are joining a team of highly dedicated professionals, where teamwork to achieve the goals are at the forefront of everything that they do.
Technology wise, components range from C-based embedded implementation on own hardened Linux platform, Windows applications, Linux server applications to high level web applications based on PHP/SQL and various frameworks. The architecture and core technology relies on many open source components, but the majority of code such as communication modules, data base systems and user interfaces are native code. Secomea has a strong security profile and a dedicated Cybersecurity specialist is in the team to ensure implementation of SDL processes.
Your approach will probably be:
- Analyze current development and QA methods and technologies, and map what works and what doesn’t.
- Identify immediate action items, such as change of processes or methods
- Get team motivated to change
- Apply Kanban/Scrum principles and use Sprints for all activities (Research, SDL processes, design, functional enhancements, branch releases, full releases and infrastructure projects)
- Actively participate in developing tools for optimizing testing, and ensure more automated tools for regression testing
You will ensure the necessary changes in the team, such as a closer collaboration between developer/tester for applying best test methods and provide immediate feedback on implementations - as well as better knowledge sharing between developers to avoid
dependency of individuals.
Your Skills and Qualifications
Strong technical academic background
- Experience from leading R&D teams, either in smaller companies or independent teams in larger organizations.
- Experience in working in the Scrum/Kanban Master role or other Agile methods
- Preferably have driven the turnaround of a R&D team into Agile development
- Practical development experience on Linux, embedded platforms and network Technologies and preferably also in higher-level languages and frameworks
- Recent experience in developing tools for process optimization, or similar experience that can be used to adapt unit testing and other test methods into automated regression test processes.
As a person
- You are a strong motivator and communicator - and have the ability to reach consensus without compromising goals or important deadlines.
- You are a fast learner and logical thinker, for quickly obtaining overview and insight in challenges of team members and projects.
- You have a pragmatic approach, with ability to balance short term deliveries and long term optimizations.
- You have the ability to be given a mandate to lead, and use it wisely.
If not Danish speaking, you have experience on how to compensate for that in a Danish speaking team.
What the company offers
An exciting and key role in a fast-growing company, where you will quickly be a vital contributor and integral part of the company. At Secomea they rely on initiative and an open mindset, where your creativity and dedication comes to use. Your work location is at their modern open office in Herlev (close to Copenhagen), where lunch, pension and health insurance is part of the salary package.
Our client Secomea is a Danish company, headquartered in Herlev, and with offices in Montreal, Beijing and Tokyo. They develop, manufacture and deliver the most robust and comprehensive suite of Remote Access Solutions, aimed at the Automation and Robotics Industries worldwide. The Secomea solutions are sold via a range of distributors worldwide as well as through OEM / Private Label agreements with major global automation manufacturers.
For more info check www.secomea.com
Please do not hesitate to send your application and CV as soon as possible, as we at Bloom evaluate applications from day to day.
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact Director Sara Juhl at Bloom via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 2086 0865.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 2086 0865