It takes several days to measure and quantify bacteria whether you wish to know the quality of your drinking water, the number of bacteria in a fermentation process, or the bacterial load in the operating room of a hospital. Our team at SBT has invented an electrically-based detection technology for measuring bacteria within a few minutes. We are looking for a person who wants to be a part of something truly game-changing, and through his or her drive revolutionize the way bacteria are monitored and measured today to accelerate research in society and microbiology safety aspects.
SBT was established in 2014 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark. Today, the company employs 12 people, has acquired two patents (recently filed for a third), has one product on the market and another product that is soon to be launched. Bacteria measurements are relevant in many different applications, but our current main market is found within the biotech industry, where we sell our first product, BactoBox. We are partly owned by the Ellab-Fonden, a Danish commercial foundation that supports important and impactful social, humanitarian, and research projects.
Our products involve many different technically exciting fields: Hardware, software, firmware, mechanical engineering, microfluidics, advanced data analysis, and microbiology. We are looking for a driven, structured, and technically well-founded project manager to manage all our research & development activities. This includes managing early-stage research work as well as further product development and prototype production/operations of more mature products. The position carries a great deal of responsibility as well as decision-making power. As a project manager at SBT, you will initially manage the resources of 8-9 people. We offer a competitive salary as well as financial support for further professional development.
Responsibilities as R&D Project Manager
- Overall responsibility for the progress and completion of our research and product development projects.
- Ensure the project teams are utilizing their interdisciplinary advantages and working efficiently.
- Overall responsibility for how we perform research and product development work at SBT.
- Define project goals and subgoals.
- Track and monitor project timings, budgets, and resources.
- Contribute to the productivity and motivation of the team, support team members.
- Ensure customer needs are understood in the project teams.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of work experience and 3-4 years of experience with project management of research and development.
- Experience with hardware/electronics, either through your technical background or your project management work.
- Excellent communicator and team player with a keen interest in planning & execution - you can establish a common understanding between different technical fields.
- You are good at keeping an overview as well as sharing that overview with your project teams to ensure everyone is aligned on goals and tasks.
- Positivity, energy, and curiosity coupled with a can-do attitude.
- Very well organized and with an eye for detail.
- Hungry to learn and ready to share.
We value an informal tone of voice in our day-to-day work at SBT, and we would prefer to find yet another colleague who can easily switch between being jovial and professional.
Application and CV should be sent via "ansøg". Please feel free to contact Liv Baasch Simonsen if you have questions about the position. We will conduct interviews continuously and hire the right candidate as soon as we find him or her.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.