NIL Technology (NILT) is growing and we have ambitions to expand even faster. We are looking for our new colleague to join and lead our public funded R&D activities.
NILT is participating in several national and EU funded projects where new solutions are developed in collaboration with partners all over Europe. The projects are based on NILT’s core technology, and the applications range from microinjection moulded plastic parts to flexible panels for the space industry. The main focus is on advanced optical components.
As R&D Project Manager you will be responsible for running our current public funded R&D projects and to drive the development of new projects. NILT often has a very active role in the projects as either coordinator or work package leader. The position requires frequent communication with the internal specialists at NILT, the project partners and the contact persons in Brussels.
As R&D Project Manager you will be part of the R&D team, report to the Head of R&D, and you will interact closely with both production, finance and product development.
We have recently won a SME-2 grant (Horizon 2020) and your role will also be to lead and coordinate this activity with respect to resources and reporting.
You will be part of a company that values team spirit and mutual success very high. We have a profound “we win and we lose together” spirit as part of our core values.
NILT is developing technical solutions for manufacturing of advanced optics for consumer electronics, industrial use and for various biotechnology applications, among others. We invest to develop and grow NILT to become an industry leader in the on-going optics revolution, offering design and manufacturing solutions of advanced compact optical components to new innovative products. Our clients are located across Europe, in US, and in the Far East Asia, and they include the world’s largest high-tech companies.
You will join our team in Denmark, located in Kongens Lyngby just outside Copenhagen.
NILT has a very strong focus on R&D and many of the activities are part of public funded R&D projects such as H2020-projects or projects funded by the Innovation Fund Denmark.
Your role will be to manage the project resources and ensure that the deliverables and milestones are met on time. This will be done in collaboration with the partners of the project to ensure that the expectations of the end-users are met. This requires detailed overview of the technological challenges to be solved and a close collaboration with the specialists in the R&D team at NILT, which are situated in Denmark, Sweden and Switzerland. More than 20 travel days a year, typically of 1-2 day duration and mostly within Europe can be expected.
You will also be responsible for the budget and the financial reporting of the project costs and you will need to have a very good understanding of the rules and restrictions for each project.
To ensure that NILT will continue to participate in the development of new technological solutions, it is your task to maintain and expand the network of NILT and to identify new ideas and partners for future collaborations. You will be in charge of writing proposals for new projects together with external partners.
- Have a Master’s Degree or PhD within optics, photonics, micro- or nanotechnology
- Are experienced within R&D projects
- Have experience from project management including resource management, focus on deliverables and ability to meet deadlines.
- Are highly organized and thrive on meeting deadlines on time.
- Have a good technical understanding, preferably from semiconductor, optics, wafer level optics, or related technologies
- Have excellent communication skills and you are fluent in English (verbally and written)
- Enjoy travelling to meet partners and end-users at their locations and to visit conferences and trade-shows
- Thrive in a busy environment where you sometimes need to work on several projects simultaneously, and where priorities on your tasks can change from day to day
- Are a team player and can motivate team members and make decision regarding the optimization of the effectiveness of the team
- Are curious and eager to learn new things and convert new knowledge and skills to always deliver an excellent product
- Have a high work ethics with a “no room for error attitude”
- Thrive on having many balls in the air at the same time.
- Have a personal drive that is significantly higher than average, and you have the mentality to work independently while keeping a high energy and enthusiasm
- Are commitment to your work and the tasks required to finishing the job. You pay attention to details while keeping the overall objective in mind.
We offer you
- A position where you will have a role in developing the R&D strategy in a solid, profitable and well-funded growth company
- An opportunity to develop new processes, products & services within nanotechnology
- A challenging position where you will work closely with technology experts to develop the right solution for the end-users of the project.
- To work in an inspiring environment with a passionate team where we make quick decisions and take action when challenges arises, and you can have great influence on the decisions made
- To work in a challenging new and emerging market with some of the largest high-tech companies in the world
- To take an important and active role in profiling NILT
- Salary package according to qualifications
We will be happy to receive your application by Wednesday the 5th of February 2020. We encourage you to send us your application by email via the apply link, please use subject line “2019-11-25 R&D Project Manager”. The application shall as minimum include Motivation, CV, and a detailed description of similar previous assignments. Your application may be stored with the company for up to 12 months unless you request otherwise.
Skriv venligst i din ansøgning, at du har set jobbet hos Jobfinder