R&D Project Lead in offshore wind technology development team (temporary position)
Would you like to contribute to technology development projects moving us forward in offshore wind?
Join us and become R&D Project Lead in the R&D Project Management department where you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for setting up and driving projects, work packages and tasks related mainly to R&D, technology and technical developments. Through this work, we reduce energy costs and operational risks, which will make offshore wind a key element in addressing the climate challenge for our modern society. Our projects cover multiple technical areas, and you’ll work in a cross-organisational setup with senior management, technical and operational experts and our financial functions.
Please note that this position is temporary and limited to one year!
Your key tasks will be to
- solve administrative and portfolio management tasks in relation to the team and the general R&D programme
- contribute to the PM toolbox, prepare presentations and improvements of internal processes
- facilitate and perform R&D/technology strategy work, feasibility studies and deep dives
- participate in the scoping and maturation of project ideas and proposals
- work with technical specialists on technology development tasks related to external stakeholders.
Furthermore, you’ll act as project manager or work-stream lead on selected technology projects (if time permits). You’ll be responsible for key deliverables in technology development and engineering tools projects in a wide range of technical disciplines as well as for maturing our processes in relation to R&D project management.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, natural sciences or possibly business administration
- have a keen interest in R&D and understand/appreciate both technology development and the project management toolbox
- have some experience with project management - preferably related to R&D or technology management
- have a very strong drive and strive to deliver on stretch assignments
- have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment and with a large group of stakeholders.
In addition, it’s a plus if you have prior knowledge of offshore wind, either from relevant education or working experience. You’re open to collaboration and teamwork, as you’ll work alongside experts from the functional areas of wind energy. As we operate in a highly international environment and cooperate closely with our colleagues abroad, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 April 2019, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tobias Ruby, Team Lead, R&D Project Management, by telephone on +45 9955 9642 if you’d like to know more about the position.
We expect that you’ll be able to start no later than 1 June 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.