R&D Module Lead - Mechanical & Modular Engineering
Do you have experience in developing medical devices? Would you like to be a part of all phases in product development? And are you motivated by making a difference for your customers by providing new concepts and innovative products? Then your next career move may be as R&D Module Lead with Ambu.
In this newly established and challenging position, you will be an active contributor in the innovation team as Module Lead with a mechanical engineering focus. You will take part in developing our new, exciting endoscope products and secure the future success of Ambu as well as to the benefit for our users.
You will become part of a dynamic innovation culture characterized by a strong team spirit, and you will join an innovative team. We have a tradition for fast completion of projects, which means that there is a visible link between your results and Ambu’s growth. Our Global Innovation team is located at our headquarters in Ballerup. We focus on developing new products that combine technologies in new and innovative ways. This puts high demands on your skills and requires a broad experience.
Active involvement – from conceptual design to product validation
As R&D Module Lead, you are a vital player in developing new solutions for Ambu’s modular architecture within endoscope products – from exploration of new technologies to product implementation.
User driven innovation is in Ambu’s DNA which means that you will work with understanding user needs and generating solutions that fulfils these needs.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Scope, plan and drive module activities within various areas to agreed maturity levels in accordance with overall module development plan e.g.
- Develop new or modified sub-module variants in alignment with modular architecture and interfaces to other modules
- Technical management of module members, external development partners and suppliers
- Manufacturing/assembly processes needed to support module variants
- Investigation of new technology, design/process principles
- Test methods for testing and verifying module performance
- Create and maintain necessary documentation incl. requirements and CAD design necessary for maturity assessment and transfer to development projects
- Align trade-offs and interfaces with other modules
- Lead module maturity assessment activities in accordance with agreed structure and documentation level
- Facilitate and guide transfer of sub-modules for successfully integration in product development projects
- Mechanical design and CAD modelling (incl. materials selection, calculations, testing etc.) where you will be responsible for e.g. mechanisms and plastic parts/modules design securing a robust and reliable final product
- Documentation and testing according to FDA and ISO requirements.
Your contact base is broad, and you will collaborate with Ambu’s global organisation, all departments involved in product development and externally with users, knowledge centers and suppliers.
Ideally, you hold an educational background within design & innovation, mechanical engineering or similar.
You are experienced in developing medical devices and mechanical product design. You are familiar with translating user needs into functional and robust mechanical solutions. You understand 3D modelling (preferably in Autodesk Inventor), plastic and mechanical design especially for single-use products. Ideally you have good experience with modular engineering/platform-based product development and robust design principles. You have a good understanding of plastic materials and their manufacturing processes (injection molding, extrusion, etc.). Most likely, you come from a similar job within the medical device industry or in a consultancy that deals with the medical device field.
As a person you are pro-active, with high drive, committed and have a strong sense of responsibility for your own tasks. You can establish and keep the overview of complex tasks/systems and lead the daily activities in relation to development of these. You are thorough and quality-minded; you have great interpersonal skills and have a good situational awareness making you a great team-player in global teams. You are a “do’er” and prefer to act on rather than theorise about problems.
Since we are a global company, you will be involved in cross-cultural collaboration. Consequently, it is a requirement that you are fluent in English and can communicate efficiently.
Ambu – an ambitious and professional workplace
Ambu is a company with ambitious growth objectives, and we are very focused on developing and putting innovative products to market. We reach our objectives through an interdisciplinary collaboration between motivated and competent colleagues in an informal work environment. Our rapid development means that there is a natural focus on the ongoing development of your professional and personal skills that will help to ensure Ambu's continued success.
We offer a wide range of professional, social, and economic benefits, in addition to the exciting challenges of the job.
How to apply
If you are ready to apply for the position, please apply as soon as possible. We will invite candidates for interviews on a continuous basis so no need to hesitate. This job ad might be available until January 19th 2022.
You can get additional information about the job and about Ambu by contacting Senior Director, Mechanical Engineering, Niels Bjerrum Thomsen +45 7225 2000.
Your application will be treated confidentially
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.