R&D Manager - product increments (hardware), Odense, Denmark
Ready to use your solid communication and leadership skills to create and lead state-of-the-art product increment processes within hardware production and development?
Technology is moving fast, and we want to be at the forefront - pushing the limits and exceeding customer expectations. You will support this goal by building cutting-edge processes for product improvements, delivering innovation to our customers even faster.
Join the future - join R&D Hardware
You will join a recently established team of highly skilled mechanical and electrical engineers responsible for Product Increment and ensure more agile product improvement processes, covering everything from quality to specific features.
With your thorough insight in product development, you will take ownership of the creation and implementation of our HW PI strategy, taking Universal Robots to the next technological level.
“You will spearhead our PI team, build our processes and share our agile mentality throughout the organization. We know where our journey is heading, but we cultivate our grounds as we go - and that gives you tremendous freedom to explore new ways of working,” explains Lars, R&D Director Hardware.
Facilitate and communicate agile processes
Using your keen eye for agile development, you are responsible for the development process, accountable for the delivery hereof and partake in all aspects of the design sprint, including PI backlog, backlog grooming and the prioritization of our 4 yearly releases. Thus, you facilitate projects and manage stakeholders across the entire organization to ensure that all PI project aspects are aligned with our established processes.
Moreover, you will become the driving force in positioning your team within the R&D organization, strengthening collaboration with other departments and paving the way for new innovations.
In addition, you:
- Continuously develop our HW PI strategy to optimize and improve our products
- Communicate status and progress to internal stakeholders across the organization and coordinate activities to ensure process alignment
- Ensure PI team progress by establishing goals, prioritizing tasks and following up on activities
- Manage budgets of the department and larger projects
- Manage a team of highly skilled R&D professionals, both newly educated and experienced, covering various personnel-related activities, e.g. recruitment and onboarding
- Analytical mindset and great management skills
As an effective and forthcoming communicator, you are able to facilitate changes and out-of-the-box thinking while keeping track of all stakeholders and interests throughout the process. You thrive on solving complex tasks within the fast-paced and everchanging field that is robotic technology.
To succeed, we imagine that:
- You hold a relevant degree within engineering and have 5+ years of experience with managing a team of specialists
- You have 5+ years of experience working with agile development processes and knowledge of Scrum
- You master clear communication across organizational levels and functions
- You have in-depth knowledge of product design and specifications, e.g. FMEA, DFM, DFA and WCA
- You speak and write English effortlessly - Danish is an advantage
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We take candidates into the recruitment process on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer working environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible - working towards making leading edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.