Cook Medical is forming a new department in the global Research & Development space with the purpose of facilitating the development of manufacturing processes and equipment. The department will work closely with the R&D departments and the Manufacturing Department to ensure quality and progress in the “Transfer to manufacturing” for R&D projects. The department will consist of 8 employees, where we are looking for a R&D Engineer with experience in development of processes and process equipment.
The positions will give you an attractive opportunity to identify and develop robust manufacturing processes that are suitable for mass-production and to influence the design of new products and selection of materials to ensure optimal manufacturability in an innovative global medical device environment.
You will be responsible for the development of Production Processes and Production Equipment for Research & Development projects.
Your tasks will be to:
- Lead projects and report the progress of the projects to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and specify input to relevant production processes in relation to R&D development projects.
- Identify and give early specification inputs to relevant test methods for validation and Quality monitoring.
- Help specify Production Equipment together with the R&D departments and Manufacturing Engineering and facilitate the needs of both departments.
- Optimize and streamline new and existing production equipment, technical installations and processes.
- Participate in R&D projects and give input to DFMA and production setup.
- Carry out Risk Assessment pFMEA and give input to Risk Mitigation Plan.
- Carry out DoE and identify process windows and critical process parameters.
- Assist in performing different tests and process validations as well as introducing machines, equipment and processes in production.
- Travel activities must be expected to some extent
- Technical education, preferably mechanical or process engineer with preferred minimum 4 years of experience within R&D process development in the medico industry.
- Experienced in project management and stakeholder communication in an R&D environment.
- You should be fluent in both Danish and English.
- Preferably minimum Green Belt in Six Sigma.
Furthermore, the profile we are looking for should have the following personal qualifications:
- Be able to work across the organization, both independently and in teams - in an international environment.
- Be flexible, have good communication skills and have a good technical understanding.
- Structured approach to problem-solving and keep the overview also in stressed situations.
Cook Medical has a healthy company culture with a strong common set of values. Responsible, competent and professional staff is our most important resource. We have a flat organizational structure and focus on open dialogue. Qualities such as determination, loyalty and humour are highly appreciated.
The staff of Cook Medical helps to uphold the company’s philosophy of developing innovative medical solutions to raise the quality of patient treatment worldwide - we make a difference every day.
Cook Medical offers a well-organized internal training course which is taken by all new staff to enable them to quickly gain thorough knowledge of the company.
In addition to a salary package with pension, we offer flex time, a bonus system, health insurance, as well as free use of the company’s own gym.
For further information about the job, please feel free to contact Jan-Erik Enoch Rasmussen, Manager, R&D Process Development on phone +45 2068 7788.
Deadline for applications is April 23, 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder