R&D Engineer for Engine Control
Are you a talented individual who is ready to develop cutting-edge and innovative technology? Are you interested in making the future? Would you like to contribute to the global green transition and are you looking to join a team that makes a lasting impact developing the world’s largest combustion engines of the future? – Then we might have just the spot for you!
At MAN Energy Solutions we turn cutting-edge technology into solutions that play a vital role in decarbonizing the world. We are the global market leader of energy efficient and fuel flexible large marine engine systems. And we aim at engineering systems for deep decarbonization in the sectors that matter the most. This requires new knowledge and skill and we are looking for a new talented colleague with interests in control systems to join us on our journey.
Assignments waiting for you
As R&D Engineer you will join the “Emission Engine Control System” department as part of the “Automation & Control” function. The “Automation & Control” function is responsible for delivering the control system application software, which controls the largest 2-stroke engines of the world. The function holds around 40 highly motivated engineers, divided into smaller departments. You will become a part of a SCRUM team, whose main focus is the development of the control system in regards to supporting the emission reduction of the 2-stroke engines of the future. You will take part in developing, implementing and testing control systems, monitoring systems and automation solutions for the electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems on a 2-stroke engine. The team's products focus on reducing NOx emissions and supporting the transition to carbon-neutral combustion.
With a solid understanding and research foundation of engine technologies and ship propulsion systems, we are designing the control strategies for the engines in cooperation with other development departments. We implement the solutions in C++ and deploy them on our distributed engine control system, the MAN-ES hardware platform, situated close to the engine. We test our software using PC, our hardware-in-the-loop test facilities, our test engines in Copenhagen and at production engines abroad.
Your primary tasks will be to utilize the potential of the engine to develop the best possible automation and control system solution, including:
- System analysis and modelling of dynamical systems
- Developing and designing methods to control electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Implementing, programming and testing new functionality in the control system
- Improving and identifying bugs and maintaining existing functionality in the control system
- Assisting our service organization, customers and business partners for example in connection with commissioning and troubleshooting in service
- Specifying control system interfaces to internal and external partners
Our engines are built on license typically in Japan, China and South Korea and installed in ships ranging from ferries to the world largest container ships and supertankers. You will occasionally need to travel for tests that can't be completed at our Copenhagen facilities. In your daily work, you will have contact with our colleagues and customers worldwide, primarily in written support and assistance.
We imagine that you:
- Hold a degree in automation, mechanical or electrical engineering, with a strong interest in automation and control of dynamical systems
- Have experience with programming – C++ or another object oriented language is an advantage, but not a requirement
Furthermore, you will fit well into the department if:
- You are team-oriented and have self-management skills
- You have an eye for possible improvements and are willing to speak up
- You are willing to try out new processes
- You can bring your experience – both technical and soft skills – into play, serving as a role model for both technical and interpersonal skills
Meet your new team
We work in SCRUM teams, each consisting of 4-8 developers, and follow agile principles. Our systems and software must be designed with a focus on quality, reliability, timely delivery, longevity, and user-friendliness.
We are a relatively young team characterized by a daily life of an informal atmosphere and a pleasant social work environment, and regular social activities. You will work in close cooperation with skilled and motivated colleagues who are passionate about their job and are looking forward to learn from you – and of course also share their knowledge.
Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you a chance to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you’re just starting out, taking your first career step after graduation or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce, with a mix of gender, nationalities, and perspectives, drives innovation, creativity, and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities clubs from yoga and fishing clubs to creative clubs.
We prioritize work life balance with possibilities for flexible working hours, home office, and mental well-being for example health insurance and a focus on a positive work atmosphere. Here, you'll find opportunities for growth, skill development, and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe.
- Our motto is "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which include, among other things:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we encourage you to apply and we are looking forward to receiving your application Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is November 30th 2023.
If you have any questions, you are very welcome to contact Scrum Master Steffan Dall by phone on +45 55 21 51 99 or Department Manager Bjørn Eskildsen by phone on +45 33 85 13 26. You can also connect and chat on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/in/bjoerneskildsen). More information about MAN Energy Solutions can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability, and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder