R&D Engineer for advanced simulation system
Would you like to contribute to the green transition? Want to be part of a team that focuses on having fun in the day-to-day job?
Would you like to contribute to the green transition? Want to be part of a team that focuses on having fun in the day-to-day job? Do you want to become a world leading expert and develop sustainable engine control solutions for the world’s largest 2-stroke engines? Then please continue reading – we might have just the job for you!
At MAN Energy Solutions we turn cutting-edge technology into solutions that play a vital role in decarbonizing the world. We are the global market leader of energy efficient and fuel flexible large marine engine systems. And we aim to engineer systems for deep decarbonization in the sectors that matter the most. This requires new knowledge and skills and we are looking for a new talented and passionate colleague with interests in control - and simulation systems to join us on our journey.
What am I going to do?
As an R&D Engineer you will join the “Tools and HILS” department as part of the “Automation & Control” function. The “Automation & Control” function is responsible for delivering the control system application software, which controls the largest 2-stroke engines of the world. The function holds around 40 highly motivated engineers, divided into smaller departments.
You will become a part of a team, whose main focus is to enable different simulation utilized within the function to validate the engine control system software. Developing new features for the engine control system requires the ability to test the feature using different simulation environments, as it is too expensive, dangerous and slow to test directly on a real engine. One of these simulation environments is our MultiSim simulation framework, which is a virtual environment, capable of fully exercising a large part of the engine control system software.
Your assignment will be to ensure that the MultiSim framework and models are extended with the features requested by the internal neighboring departments and to ensure that they always have a working virtual test environment. You will play an important role in order to ensure that the function can keep delivering a big output of high quality software features for the engines. These software features are important for running more efficiently and enabling the use of alternative CO2 neutral fuels.
More specifically, your daily work will consist of:
- Implementation of features in the MultiSim simulation framework (C++ and Python)
- Implementation of models in the MultiSim simulation framework (C++)
- Implementation of GUIs for the simulation systems (LabVIEW)
- Gaining an understanding of the behavior of real-world engines
- Supporting the developers in the adjacent departments with trouble-shooting of MultiSim
- Creating an automatic configuration of virtual machines for MultiSim
- Participating actively in the design process of the other areas of the team
- Help your team colleagues with design and review
Minor travel activity can occur for countries like Germany, India and Korea.
Who am I?
We imagine that our new colleague:
- Holds a degree with good grades in Software Engineering, Computer science or similar.
- Has experience within C++ programming - preferably with experience within embedded applications
- Has experience or knowledge regarding simulation of hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Is self-driven, has an analytic approach, and ability to make good long term solutions
- Is result orientated and a high performer with a focus of working effectively
- Has great communication skill and a high level of professionalism
- Is able to maintain the overview – both during design process and planning of assignments
- Is ready to be an active part of the social work environment with your colleagues
Additionally, it will be an advantage if you:
- Have experience with programming in Python
- Have experience with programming in LabVIEW
- Have experience working within agile frameworks such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Have experience working with the IT systems JIRA and git
How is my new team?
We are a team with strong unity, where the daily life is characterized by an informal atmosphere, and a pleasant social work environment. We arrange several social activities such as Tour-de-chambre, Teambuilding, DHL-run, and ski trip (self-paid), which we hope you are excited to be part of. You will work in close cooperation with skilled and motivated colleagues who are passionate about their job and are looking forward to learn from you – and of course also share their knowledge.
One of the main pillars of the work methods of the team is transparency and that multiple heads think better than one. This is expressed by an ever-present openness regarding which assignments are on-going and which steps are planned for the assignment. It is also important that the team members are able to present the assignment in an easy understandable manner and that they are open for inputs from the other team members. Another main pillar is the importance of being informal and being modest. We try to spice up the daily work with fun and creative initiatives, which can include games, songs, confetti and costumes.
Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you a chance to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you’re just starting out, taking your first career step after graduation or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce, with a mix of gender, nationalities, and perspectives, drives innovation, creativity, and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities clubs from yoga and fishing clubs to creative clubs.
We prioritize work life balance with possibilities for flexible working hours, home office, and mental well-being for example health insurance and focus on work atmosphere. Here you have opportunities for growth, development and mentorship. At MAN Energy Solutions you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Rooftop cantina
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
Build your own future:
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents – we would especially like you to include overviews of grades and courses for completed or ongoing education. The application deadline is 15th of October 2023. We conduct ongoing interviews which can result in the right candidate being found before the stated deadline.
If you have any questions, you are very welcome to contact Department Manager Bjørn Eskildsen, Head of Tools and HILS using mail email@example.com, or connect and chat on LinkedIn. More information about MAN Energy Solutions can be found at www.man-es.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder