We are in the process of creating a new center of competence for Rail Electrification for the Nordics. For this task we need a specialist engineer with interest and flair for Rail Electrification projects. You will join an international team with talented engineers with different professional backgrounds and expertise.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will become a specialist in railway electrification especially the mechanical part
- Engineering and design of Overhead Contact Lines (OCL)
- Design and dimensioning of the OCL supporting structures
- Close contact with our development engineers in Germany
- You will be part of the project teams responsible for the OCL field
- You will support the sales department working on offers for electrification
We offer you
- The possibility to work in a challenging international environment with large international projects.
- Strong professional support from colleagues within the world’s leading Rail Electrification company
- Professional development opportunities and development of the discipline in cooperation with other skilled colleagues
- a growing department with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment
- a position that entail a large responsibility
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The tasks in the projects are diverse and require a general and broad set of skills and capabilities within mechanical engineering, design of OCL and project planning. Your experience may be:
- You have an education on Bachelor level or higher as civil engineer, mechanical engineer or equivalent education with knowledge within statics/mechanics of the structures or railway related education.
- You have designing experience, preferably with Overhead Contact Lines and optionally other railway related fields.
- You have an analytical mindset and ability to deal with complex design challenges
- You have good it knowledge including AutoCAD, structural calculation software and simulations tools
- You are used to independently take responsibility for complex projects
- You are able to prepare both functional and detailed design material.
- You optionally have project management skills and experience
- You optionally have knowledge within field of electrical engineering
- You are outgoing and trustworthy
- You are fluent in English; some Danish skills will be an advantage.
We welcome your application, should you have obtained your qualifications in an alternative manner than the above
What else do I need to know?
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification.
Thinking mobility further - see how Siemens connects information technology with transportation expertise: www.siemens.com/mobility
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Apply" link found on this page. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact Tomas Urbonas: +45 4176 1491.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder