QHS&E Manager for production sites in Østbirk and Brædstrup
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Are you a passionate leader who is looking for an opportunity to create results through an organised, analytical and empathic approach to both your work and colleagues?
As a result of a reshuffle of internal responsibilities in the management group for A/S Østbirk Bygningsindustri (ØB) and Velterm A/S (VM-DK), we are now looking for a QHS&E Manager to create value as well as continuously improve upon the quality, safety, health and environment (QHS&E) for both factories.
As our new QHS&E Manager, you will be a part of the management at Østbirk and Brædstrup and report directly to General Director Kristian Justesen. Your primary task is to ensure that strategic and operational initiatives support the execution of the VELUX strategy.
You will do this alongside other production units and in cooperation with global functions, such as VELUX Global Quality and Global Health, Safety & Environment, and you are responsible for managing 20 colleagues in the field of QHS&E, e.g. continuous quality inspections and follow-ups on the administration of quality assurance systems and project management of local and global initiatives.
Moreover, you will contribute to the successful implementation of ØB and VM-DK’s local game plan, focusing on:
- The development of our employers’ competences and job satisfaction
- Global collaboration between VELUX systems in Denmark and internationally
- Search and implementation of relevant digitisation initiatives
- Adherence to and development of the VELUX Operation System
At both ØB and VM-DK, you will be responsible for reaching a range of short- and long-term objectives. More specifically, you will:
- Ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy work environment with a reduced number of occupational accidents
- Contribute to a 50% reduction in the number of customer complaints received from 2016 to 2020
- Implement and continuously optimise critical-to-quality parameters (CTQs) in order to secure stable critical production processes
- Make sure that the right data is used and analysed systematically for root cause analyses (PBS) as well as 8D and Pareto analyses with a view to constantly improve processes
- Reduce material waste and non-value creating activities and contribute to our global climate strategy by improving our local energy efficiency
With your solid communication skills, you are easily able to get your message across and mediate between a variety of stakeholders. You are an experienced leader and have the necessary people management abilities to guide and motivate your employees in their tasks and development. You have achieved great results in the field of QHS&E, which you can readily document, and you have the passion that we are looking for to reach a world-class level.
- You have a technical background as an engineer, a technologist or similar, preferably specialising in quality or HS&E
- You have experience with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 - and perhaps you are also a certified lead auditor
- It is an advantage if you have knowledge of relevant legislation and experience with and courses in project management, Six Sigma, risk management (FMEA) and lean
You will be a part of a determined management group characterised by an informal tone and a healthy sense of humour. We work as one to reach our ambitious goals, and we believe in strengthening and supporting each other by sharing knowledge and dividing responsibility.
As part of a global organisation, we value collaboration and invest in people who want to make a difference - and if you have the right profile, you will have plenty of opportunity to shape and advance your VELUX career on our journey to transform the field of QHS&E into a shared service.
Every single day, you can look forward to being inspired by your competent and enthusiastic colleagues, just like they will demonstrate our core values which form the basis of our work: commitment, mutual respect, improvements, local initiatives and thoroughness.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Carsten Jensen, HR Manager, by telephone +45 2949 0531.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.