Would you like to contribute to the green transition? Want to be part of a team with focus on having fun in the day-to-day job. Are you interested in working in a team which is contributing in getting the world’s largest combustion engines to perform at their best? Then please continue reading – we might have just the job for you…
What am I going to do?
As an R&D Engineer you will be a part of the “Tools and HILS” department in the 40 people large “Automation & Control” function, which is responsible for delivering the software of the largest 2-stroke engines of the world.
You will become a part of a team, which main focus is the miscellaneous scripts and components used within the internal tools of the function. You will play an important role in order to ensure that the function can keep delivering a big output of high quality software features for the engines. These software features are important to be able to run more efficient and enable running on alternative CO2 neutral fuels.Developing new features for the engine control system, involves many different step and exchange of different information for which the right tool chain and automate the processes is needed.
You assignment will be to ensure that our collection of scripts and tools is extended with the features requested by the internal neighboring departments. You will make valuable contributions to the architectural design of these tools as well as handle the implementation.
More specific, your daily work will consist of:
- Participating actively in the design process of our different tools
- Implement new features in the scrips and tools (primarily using Python)
- Extend and maintain our CI platform (currently using Jenkins)
- Help your colleagues with design and review
- Help our customers/users with problems related to the use of our internal products
Minor travel activity could occur for countries like Germany, India and Korea.
Who am I?
We imagine that our new colleague:
- Holds a degree with good grades in Software Engineering, Computer science, or similar.
- Has strong abilities within Python programming
- Has broad experience with implementing miscellaneous tools and scripts in different programming languages
- Is self-driven and has an analytic approach and ability to make good long term solutions
- See themselves as result orientated high performer with a focus of working effectively
- Has great communication skills and a high professional level
- Is able to maintain the overview – both during design process and planning of assignments
- Is ready to be active part of the social work environment with your colleagues
Additional, it will be an advantage if you:
- Have experience with programming in C++ and MATLAB
- Have an interest within project management
- Have experience working within agile frameworks such SCRUM or Kanban
- Have experience working with the IT systems JIRA and git
How is my new team?
We are a team with good unity, where the daily life is characterized by an informal atmosphere and a pleasant social work environment. You will work in close cooperation with skilled and motivated colleagues who are passionate about their job and are looking forward to learn from you – and of course also share their knowledge. We arrange several social activities such as Tour-de-chambre, Teambuilding, DHL-run and ski trip (self-paid), which we hope you are prepared to be part of.
One of the main pillars of the work methods of the team is transparency and that multiple heads think better than one. This is expressed by an all-present of openness regarding which assignments are on-going and which steps are planned for the assignment. It is also important that the team members are able to present the assignment in an easy understandable manner and the they are open for inputs from the other team members. Another main pillar are the importance of being informal and being little self-important. We try to spice up the daily work with fun and creative initiatives, which can include games, songs, confetti and costumes.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Rooftop cantina with decent food
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we encourage you to apply and we are looking forward to receiving your application Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents – we would especially like you to include overviews of grades and courses for completed or ongoing education. The application deadline is 26th of October 2022. Vi conduct ongoing interviews which can result in the right candidate being found before the deadline.
If you have any questions, you are very welcome to contact Department Manager Bjørn Eskildsen, Head of Tools and HILS using mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect and chat on LinkedIn. More information about MAN Energy Solutions can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder