Imagine a future where play a key role in the implementation of an efficient, flexible, and green strategy for our offshore windfarms Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for planning, designing and purchasing electrical equipment for onshore and offshore substations for wind farms. You’ll join our team of skilled specialists working with the protection of the transmission system for our wind farms.
Welcome to Transformers & HV Components
You’ll be part of the THC Protection Systems department which is responsible for the electrical equipment in the wind farm transmission. In Transformers & HV Components we are 30 people across three teams executing the HV components scope for project in Europe, Taiwan, and the US. We look forward to welcoming you in our team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with integrated relay protection as well as with process data analyses, power system disturbances, and fault analyses of electrical installations onshore and offshore, with voltage levels from 0.4kV to 400kV
- preparing basic and detailed design and philosophy for protection systems for onshore and offshore wind farm substations
- performing current transformer and voltage transformer sizing calculations, as well as preparing technical requirements for protection systems in tender documents for offshore and onshore substations
- reviewing suppliers’ detailed protection design documents, IEC61850 design, protection system schematics, relay configuration, and factory acceptance tests and site acceptance test procedures and reports
- participating in the commissioning of protection systems on site
- assisting in preparing substation interlocking logic and SCADA signal and alarm lists as well as investigating and analysing high-voltage faults from relay disturbance records and preparing technical reports.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have a strong knowledge about protection systems, high voltage equipment, civil and structural interfaces and suppliers
- have testing experience and knowledge of installed protection systems, ideally including experience with high-voltage installations
- possess knowledge of relay configuration and communication tools from various suppliers
- are a dedicated team member, flexible, reliable, take ownership and enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues in the project group and the department
- have experience using the IEC 61850 communication protocol in relation to your work as well as have experience of protection system setting calculation and coordination.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 31 July 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Behzad Sedaghat, Senior Lead Specialist in Transformers & HV Components, by telephone on +45 99 55 76 87.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. It will also be possible to do an expatriation in connection with test and commissioning phases on construction sites.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.