Promotion Manager - Become the global expert on Small Bore GenSets
Can you turn technical insights into recommendations and solid argumentation? Join us as the anchor-man for promotion, explanation and technical clarification on our Small Bore GenSet solutions and play a vital role in developing the segment.
Help promote our Small Bore GenSets worldwide
As a promotion manager, you become our global commercial and technical expert on our Small Bore GenSets (also known as Holeby GenSets). Working closely with your colleagues in Promotion & Customer Support in Copenhagen as well as our worldwide team, you are, in short, the go-to person within the team, ready to use your specialised knowledge to help promote our products to customers around the world.
More specifically, you’ll use your technical insights on these well-established engine types and their use in various applications all around the world as you:
- Supply your promotion colleagues with solid argumentation on why MAN Small Bore GenSets are the right choice for our customers
- Support colleagues out in the field as well as customers directly with knowledge on e.g maintenance costs as well as other technical explanations and clarification
- Act as the customers’ voice within MAN Energy Solutions, passing on feedback from our customers to our design department, e.g. on sought-after features
- Follow-up on current projects out in the world and make sure you stay updated on what goes on in the market as a whole
- Conduct technical and commercial presentations at seminars and fairs
As our Small Bore GenSets are used all over the world - and your expert knowledge is needed in many of our projects - this position will take you travelling approximately 30-50 days per year.
Solid technical knowledge and maritime background
One of your great personal strengths is your extrovert personality and great communication skills. However, the true key to your success can be found in your ability to quickly acquire a detailed understanding of our business at both a technical and commercial level.
As Small Bore GenSets are typically used in the maritime industry, it is a great advantage if you have a maritime background. In addition, we expect you to:
- Have a background as a mechanical engineer, naval architect, marine engineer or sales engineer
- Have 5+ years of experience from preferably working in a marine technical department
- Speak and write English fluently
Your new team
In Promotion & Customer Support, we support MAN Energy Solutions’ promotion and marketing efforts worldwide. We’re a number of colleagues based in Copenhagen, but our entire network boasts a large network of international colleagues, and together, we illustrate why our solutions are great across the MAN Energy portfolio.
Joining us in our open-plan office, you become part of a team of knowledgeable and experienced technical profiles who put a great deal of stock in teamwork and cooperation.
MAN in Copenhagen
We’re approx. 1,400 colleagues at the Danish headquarters, located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D centre here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge centre by far. We also have our largest after-sales service centre (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Corporate massage scheme
- A good canteen
- A wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility, so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job by clicking ‘Ansøg’ and attach an application letter, a CV and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday the 4th October 2019. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Thomas S. Hansen on +45 3385 1723.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.