Project Technical Manager for product line onshore export cable installation
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to managing the development of our onshore installation of our export cables across our portfolio worldwide?
Join us and become Project Technical Manager in our Product Line for Onshore Export Cable Installation in our competent Export Cable Manager department where you’ll be involved in the development of our onshore export cable installation for our offshore wind farms, and where you’ll ensure that our installation solutions towards the cable systems are at the forefront in the market.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with a team of very experienced engineers, and you’ll cooperate closely with colleagues globally. Moreover, working in our Product Line organisation will give you the unmatched possibility to both develop and procure innovative solutions across our portfolio to realise major cost savings.
Your key tasks will be to
- identify resource needs and ensure resources in coordination with the Programme Manager (PRM), describe project member’s responsibilities and tasks and delegate tasks accordingly
- manage the design work conducted in Product Line and ensure related quality assurance and compliance with national rules and regulations as well as Offshores’ QA/QC processes.
- coordinate with other Product Line and Asset Project stakeholders and facilitate cross-organisational optimisation and interface alignment
- update, monitor and control budget, time schedule and quality and provide reporting to the Programme Manager
- continuously identify, analyse and manage project risks throughout the project, including the implementation of a mitigation plan.
Furthermore, you’ll identify development areas for the project team members. You’ll ensure engineering and procurement in collaboration with technical managers and contract managers, and you’ll manage the preparation, review and maintenance of technical and commercial master/standard documents related to the onshore installation scope, such as technical requirements, risk registers, interface registers, time assumptions, cost assumptions, etc. Finally, you’ll secure alignment with relevant Asset Projects.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or civil engineering, physics or similar
- have experience with managing complex projects in relation to cost, time and resources
- have experience in civil works, particularly in onshore cable installation; experience with HDD works as well as experience with high-voltage cables and accessories will be positively evaluated
- have a problem-solving attitude, a teamworking spirit and outgoing personality
- are a good communicator and speak and write English fluently while also having an international mindset.
In addition, you thrive in an international environment, can create good relationships with your stakeholders and have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Finally, it’s an advantage if you’re familiar with international cable standards: CIGRE, IEC and ICEA.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 12 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager of the Export Cable Managers department, by telephone on +45 3092 3030 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.