Project Manager, Scandinavian Tunnelling Projects
As a Project Manager with a broad range of high-level technical experience within tunnelling / underground infrastructure you will be capable of leading a team of design engineers...
Project Manager, Scandinavian Tunnelling Projects - Denmark
Since 1939, COWI has pushed the boundaries of tunnelling and underground infrastructure design through our involvement on some of the world's most prestigious projects.
With a full set of world-class competencies within tunnelling and infrastructure engineering, combined with local presence and experience, our talented and dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world - no matter how large or small. Recently, our major project awards comprise a number of iconic and high profile projects around the globe including: KAAR Project in Saudi Arabia; Red Line Metro in Qatar; Stockholm Bypass in Sweden; Chittagong Tunnel in Bangladesh and the Femern Tunnel in Denmark, the record-breaking tunnel project linking Denmark and Germany which will be the longest immersed tunnel in the world and the largest infrastructure project in Denmark’s history!
We have a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results; we are recognised as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and are the client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
This is a superb opportunity for a Tunnelling Project Manager who is fluent in Danish, Swedish or Norwegian to develop their career and work for one of the industry's foremost tunnelling and civil engineering companies, based from our head office in Lyngby, Denmark.
As a Project Manager with a broad range of high-level technical experience within tunnelling / underground infrastructure, you will be capable of leading a team of design engineers engaged on a variety of challenging tunnelling / structural / civil engineering projects, developing client relationships and ensuring projects are delivered to time, quality and budget requirements.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
- You will hold a Master's degree in civil engineering
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in at least one Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish)
- You will have more than 10 years tunnelling / civil engineering experience gained within a design environment, of which, a minimum of 3 years must have been in a project management capacity
- You will possess proven experience of leading project teams and bringing projects in on time and to budget
- You will be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skill
- You will possess excellent technical and managerial skills with a sound commercial background
- You will possess the ability to provide technical leadership with the ability to coach, lead, manage and develop a project team
- You will have experience of business development / marketing and building relationships with new and existing clients
Reporting to the Director, you will be accountable for the effective control of a major project or portfolio of projects running concurrently, leading and mentoring a team of design engineers and technicians, identifying and pursuing new projects, ensuring project requirements and due dates are achieved, client liaison and development, commercial cost and risk control.
This role will offer you significant opportunities for skills and career development and the chance to work on some of the most technically challenging projects across the world. You must be willing to travel to other COWI offices, project sites or meet with clients globally and, if asked, be prepared to be out-stationed on a project for up to 6 months.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading projects within Scandinavia, mentoring and managing design team
- Develops and implements design best practices in areas of expertise, in addition, ensures conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Partners with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to client requirements
- Responsible for accurate forecasting, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned project(s)
- Business development, leading proposals for new work and preparing contract documents
- Performs and reviews calculations for analysis
Remuneration & Benefits:
COWI are an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work and we have designed a benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with a range of flexible employee benefits that you would expect from a leading regional employer.
Further, we offer continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalised internal technical networks, training through the COWI Academy and conference participation.
How to Apply:
Applying could not be easier, please click the "Ansøg" link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder