Project manager - Retrofit Project Execution for Marine Decarbonization Solutions
Do you want to play a key role in achieving MAN Energy Solutions’ ambitious decarbonization targets? Do you want to be a crucial part of our growing and dynamic project department, working on existing and new technologies shaping tomorrow’s environmental friendly marine solutions?
An important step of the way is to provide retrofit solutions to our clients, who are increasingly looking to convert their existing fleet’s propulsion engines and gen-sets to operate more efficiently and on more environmentally friendly fuels such as LNG, Ethane, LPG, Methanol, biofuels, or Ammonia.
What am I going to do?
As Project Manager, you will work with our increasing number of strategically important decarbonisation projects, delivered to our key global customers in the maritime sector. You will be part of our Project Execution team which today consists of approx. 20 colleagues located in Copenhagen. You will lead the technical and commercial sides of the project management of Engine gas conversion projects, from order intake to installation / trial period and finally system delivery back to owners. Your day-to-day tasks include facilitating project activities, conduct project meetings, time planning, ensure projects meet cost targets, having close dialogue with our customers and our internal supply chain.
A project manager will typically be assigned to handle these aspects of the project execution.
You will be handling a variety of tasks such as:
- Overall responsible for the Project, client communication and technical scoping
- Cooperate with Supply Chain to initiate purchase of all services and parts related to the project
- Lead the drawing approval process with client, yard and sub suppliers
- Provide monthly reporting incl. financial overview for the Project
- Responsible for Projects technical delivery scope, such as compliance with Classification Society, Flag state and relevant design standards
- Visiting customers and ship yards in order to finalize contracts and agreements
- Comment on contracts for future Retrofit Projects by giving feedback to sales and tender team
- Transform ad-hoc technical challenges into solutions
- Technical documentation, component tests and reports
- Possible ad-hoc attending in yards during Retrofit conversions and Commissioning Trials
You will be working from our Danish head office just by Copenhagen’s harbour front at Teglholmsgade 41.
Who am I?
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience from the maritime sector. Experience and understanding of both commercial and technical aspects are required, but it is ok if you have a preference for one of them, as tasks will be distributed within the team.
It will be an advantage if you have sailing experience but it is not a requirement. You have a keen interest in developing the way we work with projects, and your ambitious nature is not settled with “good enough”.
Furthermore, we imagine our new colleague:
- Is a Marine Engineer or Mechanical Engineer with working experience from the maritime industry.
- Have previous experience as Project Manager
- Is structured, result-oriented and able to execute projects according to given schedule
- Understands and identifies customer needs and requirements
- Has the ability to plan and coordinate activities
- Good collaboration and communication skills with internal/ external Project stake holders
- Is a team player, enjoying to share your experience and sustain organisational learning
- Fluent in English both in speech and writing
- Previous experience with ship yards in Asia is an advantage
How is my new team/area of business?
You will be part of our fast growing Project Execution team located in Copenhagen. The team is responsible for executing marine engine fuel conversion projects and pumping skids from contract signing through design, supervising the assemble works, test and commissioning and finally system delivery to customer and claims handling.
You will be reporting to the Department Manager in Project Execution, currently counting approx. 20 staff, having undergone significant growth during the last 5 years, which is set to continue with the growing focus on decarbonizing shipping.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Wednesday December 1st 2022. We will conduct interviews during the application period, so please do not hesitate sending us your CV and application. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Interim Department Manager for Project Execution Anders Bo Laugen, on firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +45 24 66 82 77.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.