Project Manager for Operational Engineering (OEN)
Are you the strong link between engineering, supply chain and service?
For our TE engineering department in Siemens Wind Power in Brande, Denmark, we are looking for a Project Manager to coordinate activities within OEN on our D8G4 offshore platform. The pool of activities in scope range from service cases, retrofit cases, warranty cases etc., and comprise all technical domains for a wind turbine (i.e. mechanical, electrical design, structural parts, blades etc.).
As the Project Manager, you have the responsibility to coordinate execution within the OEN team in collaboration with a team of experts with a very broad area of technical knowledge. You will be responsible for keeping the overview, and report status to stakeholders on all registered tasks. You will cooperate with a broad range of stakeholders internally in the Siemens organization as well as externally.
You will join a department of several experienced Project Managers, where we share knowledge and support across active projects and prepare improvements to increase synergy between projects. You will become active in the projects, but also in the organization to improve and further mature the way we execute our projects. We expect to learn from you, just as you can expect to learn from us!
What are my responsibilities?
- Project Management of OEN activities: development and implementation of solutions to support excellent performance of our fleet
- Provide overview, reporting and tracking of incoming and ongoing cases
- Support task/project breakdown, planning and execution; from overall plans/overview and down to executable tasks distributed to the team
- Follow up on agreed activities to secure on-time delivery
- Delivery of technically robust and fully compliant designs to the best possible product cost
- Lead activities in close cooperation with Line Management, the technically responsible engineers and the Chief Engineer
- Execution in accordance with Siemens Wind Power Technology processes and tools
- Coordination with our internal stakeholders (e.g. Service, Supply Chain and Product Integrity), as well as with external suppliers and partners
- Continuous improvement of processes, as a part of the PM team
- To be the best possible ambassador for your ongoing projects and for the department!
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a BA within electrical, mechanical or marine engineering, combined with project management experience, preferable within product development / R&D and/or Service and maintenance projects
- You have experience with project management of technical projects with multiple stakeholders and suppliers
- You have IT skills on an advanced level
- You have a structured approach to your assignments and are able to handle changes occurring in a dynamic environment
- You are an excellent planner (both for yourself and your team) and great at developing and using a big network and to manage many interfaces in a positive and constructive manner
- You have a very structured way of working, and can extend this to involved team members
- You can follow tasks through to completion; is both a good ‘starter’ and ‘ completer-finisher’
- Your approach to task solving is both technically sound and commercially viable
- You are outgoing and proactive, and you possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You thrive in a multi-cultural environment and you are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
- You possess strong communication and English skills, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or directly to:
Michael Bjerre Laursen
Head of Department, TE D8G4 PMO
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder