Would you like to be part of the most ambitious offshore wind farm projects in the world?
Join us and become Project Manager in Construction Management Development where you’ll develop, own and lead the construction package during the development phase of global offshore wind farm projects.
You’ll act as the Construction Package Project Manager in the development phase and take on the responsibility for the development of a safe and efficient construction package. You’ll hand over the final construction package to the Execution Construction Package Project Manager for the offshore construction works. The construction package includes, e.g., installation harbours, offshore logistics with vessels and helicopters, building the operations (O&M) facilities, the full wind farm commissioning and offshore operations during installation etc. You’ll be responsible for more than one project at once, due to the nature of the development of the projects.
You’ll be part of the Construction Development team reporting to the Construction and Commissioning Management Director.
Your key tasks will be to
- act as a Construction Management focal point during the development phase and, in this role, lead on all relevant aspects
- own, manage and lead the project scope with stakeholder involvement and ensure timely delivery of construction management deliverables
- prepare DEVEX and CAPEX for the construction package and ensure alignment of the human resource demand between functional line management and the projects
- continuously involve and challenge relevant stakeholders so the construction package is improved and the execution of the projects is successful
- be responsible for cross-project tasks within the Construction Development team.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant technical education, e.g. a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering or logistics
- have management experience from large construction infrastructure projects
- have a holistic approach to solving complex challenges
- have significant experience with stakeholder management
- have a proactive and result-oriented approach and are able to motivate yourself to work intensively during busy periods.
In addition, you have business insights and understand the key drivers and levers that improve business performance, you speak and write English fluently and have good communication skills as we operate in a global environment.
Furthermore, you’re an experienced project manager and are able to support and understand your team. You’re constantly looking to challenge the status quo to do things better. You have the ability to see the bigger picture at all times, yet you understand the importance of minding the details. You can handle numerous tasks simultaneously without losing perspective, and you see working and performing in a challenging project within a multi-cultural project organisation as your preferred challenge.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 6 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper B. Ladefoged, Director of Construction and Commissioning Management, by telephone on +45 4020 7136 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.