Project Manager for GEA Dairy & Food
The GEA Powder & Thermal Separation Technologies division develops and delivers processing equipment to the global Dairy & food industry.
The global demand for our technical solutions are increasing and we are now looking for a skilled project manager. We need more people to manage and complete exciting projects within freeze drying processes and establishing new processing plants.
At GEA, you will become a part of a large international engineering company with access to best-in-class knowledge and competencies. You will be working closely with dedicated colleagues in an international environment where professionalism and curiosity are the main drivers. We work very closely with our customers who always expect us to deliver top quality solutions.
You will be responsible for all phases of a project from contracting to handover. This includes budgeting, meeting deadlines, and honoring agreed specifications.
To secure proper project delivery and handover, you can expect that you will be responsible for the following areas throughout the span of a project
With your local and global colleagues, you will be responsible for meeting customer expectations. This means that your technical and project management skills will be challenged and developed daily.
- Technical responsibility: insight into the various process engineering areas including knowledge of plant layout, P&I diagrams, technical specifications and arrangement drawings as well as selection of components and functional descriptions.
- Deadlines: You draw up and coordinate scheduling, deadlines, and milestones. You continuously prioritize to meet agreed deliveries to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Team and resources: Together with the project team and department manager, you will ensure that tasks are planned, prioritized, and coordinated.
- Budgeting: You are responsible for budgeting, change orders, KPI reporting, and timely invoicing and payment in close collaboration with the Supply Chain and Finance departments.
- Quality: As Project Manager you will ensure that necessary quality assurance and documentation requirements are completed and honored. This means that you will drive risk analyses in relation to both project risk and personal safety (FMEA).
- Communication & Contracting: When the project is handed over from Sales, you are responsible for upholding an effective client communication and ensuring that the project is being executed in line with the agreed contractual specifications. You communicate with relevant stakeholders, both in writing and orally, and make sure that e.g. kick-off, reviews, FAT, and meetings are executed.
- Manufacturing: In cooperation with the Supply Chain department, construction- and project engineers, you are responsible for handling critical suppliers and manufacturing of systems, both externally and internally, according to deadlines, quality, and budget.
Your Profile / Qualifications
You are structured and capable of making well-considered project decisions. You are comfortable in a project team and are experienced in motivating and leading team members in a way that drives
necessary progress and results. While having general technical knowledge, you are also able to deep dive into critical details, where the foundation of your decision making is done by specialists.
The project manager role varies by project scale and complexity. Large projects are usually executed by teams, whereas smaller projects are primarily managed and executed by a Project
The Ideal Candidate Should Have Demonstrated The Following Key Competencies In Previous Positions
You excel in external and internal stakeholder management, where juggling technical solutions, budgeting, quality, and client expectations are key. You are proactive and always ready to go into timely problem-solving mode. To succeed in this role, you need to be able to maintain a continuous overview of a project, have excellent communication skills, and use resources optimally.
- Structured project management of mechanical and process engineering projects
- Creating fruitful relations with key stakeholders as well as being able to drive proactive communication and coordination.
- Technical understanding of mechanical, process-, and automation
- Persistent and robust
- Analytical and adaptive
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- You can work with and in different cultures
- Engineering degree or similar, e.g. chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, bachelor’s in technology engineering
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience with project management, including financial management and budgeting
- Technical experience in P&I diagrams, specifications, bill of materials and process plants (pumps, valves, etc.)
- Knowledge of CIP/SIP systems and principles is an advantage
- Knowledge of 3D CAD and PDM (Inventor and Vault), ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX), and MS Project is an advantage in this role
- Experience from international projects
- A high level of written and spoken English and Danish in a negotiation context
Expect around 40 travel days a year.
If you have further questions for this role, please do not hesitate to reach out to Recruitment Consultant, Liv Baasch Simonsen on email@example.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.