Project Manager, Electrical Systems
Imagine a future where you’re a leader who can energise our future portfolio of offshore wind farms. Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for delivering one or more packages within the HVDC electrical systems scope, which comprises the onshore and offshore convertors, HV and cooling water systems, submarine and land cables, HV/MV components, system controls, and protections. You’ll interact with our suppliers, our clients, our partners, and relevant Ørsted departments keeping a focus on HSE, quality, and performance.
Welcome to Electrical Project Management
You’ll be part of Electrical Project Management where you, together with your 30 colleagues, will deliver electrical system packages to our projects globally, supported by project teams comprising specialists and other support functions. You’ll coordinate and lead in a matrix organisation and report to the project director.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a team responsible for developing the functional design, installation, and commissioning workstreams for our electrical systems work scope for a HVDC scheme with a focus on performance requirements tailored to a client
- leading the management of risks, including health and safety, programme, cost, quality, and compliance
- supporting product line procurement experts, commercial and legal, with the development, implementation, and execution of a viable procurement approach for HVDC projects, including leading technical discussions and negotiations with manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors during tendering and provide advice on bid non-compliances, viable alternative solutions and scope gaps
- identifying and managing key technical interfaces between the HVDC system, its constituent components, and installations, including managing and collaborating with the system studies team to assess performance and impact on the transmission grid
- being accountable for the project controls that ensure effective timely delivery of the assigned work and deliverables against the project schedule, within budget and to the required level of quality, including project gate and project management documentation
- managing scope changes in a systematic and controlled manner, assess their impact on project scope, schedule, budget, and risks and adopt appropriate approval procedures
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a highly experienced project manager with extensive relevant work experience on technically complex and high-value projects (in excess of DKK 1,000,000,000 or GBP 100,000,000)
- have exceptional leadership, communication, and negotiation skills with proven ability to work on complex technical projects and leading multidisciplinary and culturally varied teams
- have substantial commercial understanding
- have experience with HVDC systems (VSC and conventional) at transmission voltage levels up to 500kV, HVDC transmission technologies and its influence on operation, and performance of a transmission system including the design, configuration, manufacture, installation, and commissioning of HVDC systems
- hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- hold a PMP certification or similar training and certification.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 21 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Richard Watson, Head of Electrical Project Management, by telephone on +44 77 8602 1934 for the UK or Mikael Hostrup, Head of Electrical Project Development & Product Line Projects, on +45 99 51 63 03 for Denmark, if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some overseas travel in relation to your work. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce, we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities. For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.