Are you a leader who can energise our future portfolio of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Project Manager in Electrical Project Management where you’ll be responsible for developing and leading the delivery of the electrical systems work scope, including submarine and land cable supply and installation, transformers and HV/MV components as well as protection and control to agreed plans and targets. You’ll work with other project managers and support functions on programme level, ensuring the highest level of safety throughout the construction phase.
Your key tasks will be to
- lead a team responsible for the management of design, installation and commissioning workstreams for the electrical systems work scope, including submarine and land cable supply and installation, transformers and HV/MV components and protection and control
- support Product Line procurement and subsequent post-award management of contracts or groups of contracts related to the electrical systems
- lead the management of a wide range of risks, such as health & safety, programme, cost, quality and compliance, with specification across either a group of contracts as part of a multi or EPC-contract concept
- prepare and deliver project gate and project management documentation, such as project scope, costs, risks and interfaces
- lead the management of external stakeholders, such as transmission owners and local authorities.
In addition, you’ll contribute to strategic and operational development of the Electrical Project Management function.
Your competences include that you
- are a highly experienced project manager with extensive relevant work experience on technically complex and high-value (in excess of DKK 1.000.000.000 or GBP 100,000,000) construction projects is required
- have exceptional leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- have substantial commercial understanding
- are able to prioritise and execute your tasks to meet deadlines
- demonstrate the capability to lead a team of more than 15 persons during the design and manufacturing phases (either FTE or contractor) and of more than 30 persons during the installation and commissioning phases.
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment
Preferably, you also hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar and have PMP certification or similar training and certification.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
We pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 November 2019 as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Mikael Hostrup, Head of Electrical Project Management, by telephone on +45 77 9951 6303 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Richard Watson, Head of Electrical Project Management, by telephone on +44 77 8602 1934 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some overseas travel in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.