MAN Energy Solutions is looking for a Project Manager with minimum 5 years’ recent experience managing commercial projects of large financial nature and high technical level
Want to make a real difference to decarbonize shipping, MAN Energy Solutions is where you should be!
MAN Energy Solutions is looking for a Project Manager with minimum 5 years’ recent experience managing commercial projects of large financial nature and high technical level. You have a background as Mechanical Engineer; Bachelor in Technology Management & Marine Engineering, or equivalent - and preferable you hold a recognized project manager certification. You will be leading the execution of Long Term Service Agreements (LTSAs) projects for customers, who are amongst the world’s largest marine transportation companies. The position is base in either of our three Danish offices, Copenhagen, Frederikshavn or Holeby office
As Project Manager you are single point of contact for the Customer’s vessel managers, fleet managers and other Customer representatives and you are responsible for the overall LTSA contract technically and commercially. The Project Manager reports to the Head of LTSA Project Management in Copenhagen.
The core of a LTSA is a Maintenance Plan with pre-defined and/or condition based intervals of engine inspections, preventive maintenance and associated delivery of spare parts. These planned services are covered by a fixed fee, which the Project Manager adjusts annually according to agreed indexes and invoices quarterly.
When engines under LTSA require unplanned maintenance, the Customer’s needs are accommodated for by organizing inspections, service, workshop overhauls and/or delivery of spare parts on short notice. These additional services require scoping, proposals, orders, logistics, execution, reporting, invoicing and following up on payments.
The Project Manager is responsible for internal and external monthly and quarterly commercial forecasting and reporting and for leading meetings and issuing minutes.
The Project Manager works closely with the project team consisting of technical advisors, project coordinator, sales coordinator, project engineers, and business controller/accountant.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, highly organized, a skilled problem solver, and persistent.
- You can identify and understand customer needs and requirements.
- You are able to cooperate across organizational and cultural boundaries in a global organization.
- You thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment through efficiency optimization and time prioritization.
- You have a strong ownership mindset and work result oriented - taking pride in meeting required deadlines.
- You can convincingly communicate complex issues to others.
- You appreciate complexity on all levels, e.g. people, tasks, context, methods, systems, processes, etc.
- You are a true team player.
- Experience with commercial project management, i.e. contract management – acquiring a solid overview of contract requirements with the aim of being able to balance customer satisfaction and project economy.
- Experience steering project budget - managing risks and opportunities.
- Stakeholder management is one of your main strengths and you are experienced in navigating a large complex organization.
- Financial reporting to management.
- Customer management – building trusted partnership delivering high quality customer experience.
- Experience with leading a project team
- Time scheduling, forecasting, budgeting, leading order and supply chain process, variations orders, reporting, invoicing.
- Fluency in written and oral Danish and English.
- Welcome but not a must:
- Experience with SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Experience with maintenance and/or spare parts for marine engines.
Your new team
The LTSA Department is part of MAN Energy Solution’s after sales organization PrimeServ, where we sell spares parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers.
We want our customers to experience us as a true partner. One that is easy to do business with. One that really cares about their business. We will be fast and flexible in our response to customer requirements.
MAN in Denmark
We’re approx. 2,100 employees in Denmark, of which 1,400 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN Energy Solutions offer a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Great canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Massage scheme
- Discount clubs
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is 31. August 2022. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of LTSA Project Management Nicolai Heilskov by phone on +45 27794961.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder