We are looking for someone who thrives in an international environment and is fluent in English. An individual that has strong drive and takes initiative/responsibility for assignments and is motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialized in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore renewable energy industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of 133, working from offices in Denmark, Japan, Taiwan and the UK with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for an ambitious Project Manager to become a part of Wood Thilsted’s international PM team.
The primary work location will be one of or offices in Copenhagen, Århus, Vejle, London, Edinburgh or Bristol. However, given our teams, clients and projects are spread internationally across Northern Europe, North America and East Asia, you may expect some travelling in relation to your work, both nationally and internationally. In addition, there may be opportunities during your employment for long-term or short-term postings abroad.
Areas of responsibility: As a Project Manager, your main assignments will be to assure that we provide high-quality engineering deliverables with due care to our clients in the offshore wind industry. In your role you will:
- For detailed design projects, you will work alongside a Lead Project Manager in order to manage project progress, risks, budgets and design parameters, playing a critical role in the successful execution of these major projects.
- For smaller projects, you will be the primary Project Manager responsible for the delivery of world-class design work for high-profile offshore wind sites.
- For all projects you will work closely with the project design team, engaging in technical topics and key design decision making. You will have the pleasure of working with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Prepare detailed documentation regarding the development of the project programme, resource/budget, risk register and general project management reporting
- Ensure that WT deliverables meet the required quality and scope requirements.
- Manage change, risk and budget across work packages, supporting the technical teams to deliver their best work.
- Regularly engage clients and form a key contact between the WT team and external parties, actively working to deliver a successful project for all. You will further play a part in developing our strong network in the industry.
- Contribute towards tendering and the development of unique tools for offshore wind project management.
The primary work location will be either the UK or Denmark. You may expect some travelling in relation to your work (primarily when Covid restrictions are eased) and there are potential opportunities, if desired, for placements abroad.
Your background: We are looking for someone who thrives in an international environment and is fluent in English. An individual that has strong drive and takes initiative/responsibility for assignments and is motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- 4-5 years of relevant experience as a professional engineer or project manager, ideally in offshore wind, but alternatively other technologies or complex projects - for example aviation, defence or civil engineering.
- Hold a master’s degree or higher in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Very strong decision-making skills and judgement capabilities to balance competing requirements
- A good understanding of typical engineering contracts
- A well-tuned sense of personnel needs and experience achieving high levels of project team wellbeing
- A well organised mindset, which can adapt to the dynamic needs of a high-growth company
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects. At Wood Thilsted, we care about our people and we are committed to a brighter future. We have defined our set of values and behaviors that are at the heart of everything we do. Our work environment is a place where everyone can be themselves and be their best. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Besides this we also offer competitive salary packages, pension, health and life insurance as well as flexibility in working hours and locations.
Any questions: Please reach out to Angela Holst International HR Business: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.