Experienced Project Manager for Technical Project Execution
GEA is looking for an experienced project manager for technical project execution. The position is placed in GEA’s Chemical divisions Pharma team located in Søborg.
The Pharma team is a dynamic team who is engaged in deliveries of spray drying plants to the pharma industry worldwide.
Responsibilities / Tasks
As a project manager you will be responsible for one or more projects. Your responsibility will include all aspects of project execution from contract negotiations to the final takeover of the plant according to the GEA Project Management plan. You will facilitate the installation and take the lead in the commissioning of the plant.
The job requires a technical know-how as well as good project management skills. The latter with a highly detailed and structured approach ensuring all regulations etc. are considered.
The project manager will work with customers internationally and colleges from other departments, whereas the ideal candidate is both proactive ensuring the project will succeed on time and have good communication skills.
Tasks will also include:
- Acting as technical support during sales in close cooperation with the area sales managers
- Generating a basic engineering package including technical specification of the plant, facilitating flow sheets and P&I diagrams
- Facilitation of plant layout
- Coordination of deliveries
- Specifying and generating item requirements
- Collaboration with customers and suppliers
- Handling deviations during FAT/SAT tests
The position requires around 40 travel days a year.
Your Profile / Qualifications
You hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably with project management experience and you want to work internationally.
You have minimum three years’ experience within the pharma industry as a project manager, engineer or similar.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys making a project review and follow up on all deliverables and tasks to make sure the project is on time, and if not act accordingly.
- Possesses technical know-how when designing the basics of the plant e.g. in relation to choosing a pump or valve type
- Enjoys working in a structured and documented way
- Has experience with participating/executing a FAT and SAT
- Has experience with requirements of ISO 9001 and working with GMP
You are used to working in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and a large variation in workload. This means that you are good at coordinating and prioritizing your tasks and that you can handle working in an occasionally faster-than-average pace.
As a person you have a structured approach to tasks and you like to work independently thus contributing to a team; can convey a message to the other project participants and to the customer. Effective project management, willingness to succeed and team effort is crucial for success in the job.
Finally, you are motivated to work internationally and have good English skills - both written and oral as our corporate language is English and all communication with customers is in English.
Who we are?
GEA is a world-leading process engineering group offering equipment and project solutions. The portfolio includes technologies relevant for the Chemical and Pharmaceutical industry as well as for the Food and Dairy industry. The Pharma and Pilot plant team consists of experience project managers, area sales manager as well as draftsmen. A typical pharma dryer project execution lasts 1-2 years. The projects span over a large variety of industries within Pharma.
Questions and inquiries about the job?
Please contact Head of Special Execution Group Chemical Drying, Bastian Meijer Carlsen by mail: email@example.com or phone +45 4260 7354.
Please send your application as soon as possible. All applications will be handled upon receipt and we reserve the right to take down the job post when the vacancy is filled. Please note that GEA Denmark exclusively uses electronic recruiting and only applications received online by the link “Send Application” will be considered.
Did we spark your interest?
Then please click apply above to access our guided application process
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder