Project management position for wind farm measurement campaigns and projects within wind farm engineering
Are you above all a project leader who can lead both in the office and when needed offshore?
The Wind Farm Project Management team is a team of skilled and dedicated people with very different backgrounds and skillsets. The thing that unites us are strong project management skills and ambition. One of our core tasks is to obtain the information needed to enable the rest of the organisation to build and to run an offshore wind farm through our measurements.
We’re looking for an individual who is curious and shows interest in all areas of the business, but does so with the main focus on tailoring the best possible projects for our customers.
Your responsibility covers all parts of the project, from early scoping and over procurement to the actual installation and maintenance of measurement equipment on our offshore wind farms. You’re adept at recognising and working within the given framework, and you also know when to ‘push the envelope’ to succeed with your projects.
You’ll join the Wind Farm Project Management team, which counts eight employees. Here, you’ll be allocated as project manager for various projects in different phases of the wind farm life span, with teams of specialists covering several highly specialised areas of expertise.
Your key tasks will be to
- take ownership of the assigned portfolio of projects - at any time, you’ll have more than one project assigned and often 2-4
- be responsible for all aspects relating to your project, including scope, budget, planning, risks and safety - in theory and practice
- be responsible for ensuring the specification, procurement, installation and maintenance of measurement campaigns, including wind, wave, structural load/corrosion and power curve as well as other types of projects
- manage contractors and carry out stakeholder management of internal project teams across the organisation
- contribute to improving our ways of working within the Wind Farm Project Management team.
Moreover, you’ll contribute actively to developing our knowledge base and participate in carrying out related development tasks and studies.
Your competences include that you
- above all are a leader who will actively lead and utilise your project teams
- are not afraid to take on tasks and scope outside your own area of expertise and are motivated by the steep learning curve that follows
- are a seasoned project manager and used to working in complex matrix organisations; preferably, you have a PMI-PMP or IPMA B/C certification
- have a relevant education within engineering, management or similar
- speak and write English fluently.
Furthermore, you thrive on working with multiple stakeholders with diverse backgrounds from across our business.
As a person, you’re open-minded and have the ability to find pragmatic solutions and prioritise your tasks during busy and challenging periods. To excel in this position, it’s absolutely essential that you’re an outgoing person who thrives on interacting with your stakeholders and the business, as this is a job that can’t be conducted solely from your desk or your own office location.
Moreover, you have excellent communication skills and are able to present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders. You’re accustomed to working in an international environment and have a deep cultural understanding, while being able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and effective manner and to keep the ’bigger picture’ in view at all times.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 11 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Thoft Marcussen, Senior Manager of Wind Farm, by telephone on +45 9955 5989 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.