Please note: that this position is a 10-month temporary job with possibility to extend.
Do you want to be involved in developing new technologies for our engine builders? Do you want to work in an exciting international company with a high degree of freedom and a large customer circle in everyday life? If so, read the following:
About 90% of the world’s trade is moved by marine transport, and are responsible for 2-3% of the world’s CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions. MAN Energy Solutions, as a global leader in marine solutions, has committed ourselves to eliminating carbon emissions in our engine platforms by 2050. That is why our engine systems are undergoing a rapid development. They are constantly optimized with the latest technology in fuel and exhaust systems, just as the structural and moving parts in the engines are continuously optimized and further developed.
You will play an important role in:
Do you want to influence our IT project developments and ensure that our new technologies are produced efficiently and with the highest quality level? Then you may be the person we are looking for.
As an IT Project Leader, your responsibility will be:
- Project Leadership: Continue and extend the development of our software solution to check the quality of the engine production.
- Solution Implementation: Make sure that the IT solution is implementable, utilizing the proper IT technologies and methodologies.
- Requirements Gathering: Communicate with production quality experts across the department, as well as IT developers and end users to gather and analyze project requirements.
- Documentation: Follow up on project documentation, including project plans, requirement specifications, progress summaries, and post-implementation assessments.
Please note: this job will not involve project budgets and expenditures within financial scope.
We imagine that you:
We are not necessarily expecting many years of experience, although some experience in IT Project Management and production knowledge is a prerequisite. Moreover, the motivation to learn within IT project management is the most important for the job.
Further, we imagine that you:
- are either a new candidate or has some experience as project leader who wants to drive IT projects.
- have a background within engineering, MSc or BSc., IT management or similar.
- have experience with IT project management and knowledge within mechanical component production quality assurance (QA) or quality control (QC).
- have good and effective communication skills in English, and the ability to convey theoretical knowledge to user friendly guides.
- are innovative, analytical-minded and solution-oriented.
- have a systematic approach to tasks, work independently and enjoy being part of a bigger company.
Welcome to the Production Support
The department’s responsibility is to ensure production quality of the new engines produced by our licensees. This is done by describing manufacturing, assembly methods and test scenarios in easy to understand documents. The IT projects are digitalized solutions to collect data and monitor these processes. Your work address will be Teglholmsgade 41, 2450 Copenhagen SV. We are a small team with individual competences in different areas. You will feel relaxed and enjoy an open work environment with humor once you join the team.
A member in the team describes it as follows: ’’For me being a part of this department is like my second home. I sometimes like to compare it with a Marvel superhero team: each member has its own qualities and strengths. But together we are invincible."
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarters in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy in the future.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things include:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
Build your own future
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday the 30th of September, 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Manager Mr. Per Brandt by phone on +45 33 85 28 41. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder