The Danish Signalling Programme - the largest in its kind in Europe - is fully engaged with replacement of the entire signaling system on the national railway with ERTMS (European Railway Traffic Management System) Level 2, Baseline 3 technology. This makes Denmark the first member of European Railway to implement ERTMS on a national scale.
The Signalling Programme is responsible for the introduction of the ERTMS in Denmark. The programme is supported by an international supplier base and consultants from across Europe. We are looking for a new colleague to join our engineering- and integration team in Operations.
You will participate in engineering- and integration tasks as well as provide technical support for the other project teams in the field of telecommunication. You will have a role in an international team, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Therefore, we are looking for a solution oriented person with good communication and collaboration skills.
Technical tasks, documentation and support
As a System Engineer you are going to dive into and understand related specific technologies in use, such as GSM-R, IP/MPLS, ETCS train control, interlocking, and IT security.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Defining necessary deliverables in the telecommunication field necessary for the introduction of ERTMS/ETCS and other railway subsystems,
- Taking active part in integration tasks, i.e., finding, analyzing and solving incompatibilities between subsystems and other defects,
- Facilitating joint work between multiple projects and various suppliers,
- Reviewing and verifying design documentation, interface specification and deliveries to ensure fulfilment of customer functional and non-functional requirements,
- Participating and supporting lab and field tests.
- Solution oriented engineer with control systems experience
We are looking for a new colleague who presumably holds a university or college degree in Engineering within the fields of Electronics, Telecommunication or Computer Science. Preferably you have knowledge of telecommunication networks (mobile communication, GSM-R, IP, MPLS, ISDN, GPRS). A big asset would be experience in the development and integration of control systems, particularly within the railway industry, and knowledge of ERTMS/ETCS is an advantage.
If you have recently graduated within this area, we also encourage you to apply.
The role includes communicating with colleagues of many different nationalities. Our working language is English (both written and spoken), and documentation is mainly in English and Danish.
You will be employed in relation to the current labour agreement and your salary is settled based on your experiences and qualifications.
Contact and application
For further information, please contact Senior Consultant Jens Peter Møller.
Please send us your application and resumé as soon as possible.
To apply for the position, click on the box “Ansøg” and follow the instructions.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.