Want to spend your time making a difference to the benefit of our planet? Do you have an innovative-oriented mindset?
ALGIECEL is applying microalgae to solve one of the most pressing issues of our time – how to utilize and turn the greenhouse gas CO2 into useful products for the feed, food and cosmetic industry and thus lessen the stress on the world’s ecosystems. The time for change is now and this is your chance to become part of our team!
ALGIECEL is expanding our core team and we are searching for a motivated and dedicated Project Engineer with a strong technical and practical mindset. The successful candidate will have a leading role in ALGIECEL ́s first full-scale demonstration project, transforming the CO2 emissions at Novozymes ́ facility in Kalundborg into sustainable algae-based products through a highly compact photobioreactor. ALGIECEL is a new although well-established start-up that is focusing on the development of novel natural carbon utilization technologies. The ambition is to develop highly efficient, container-based and modular carbon utilization plants applying microalgae and photosynthesis that can convert CO2 into high value compounds. The CO2 is turned into climate friendly sustainable algae-based products that can be applied in e.g. feed, food or skincare products. Our systems are intended to be located near CO2 emitters such as to biogas or fermentation plants.
You will be part of a vibrant, diverse, and extremely relevant organization, you will join a fast-paced team dedicated to making change for the better and you will have the opportunity to develop a new disruptive technology needed to make the transition to green circular production methods.
You are expected to be able to have many balls in play, you have technology in your DNA, you want to get your opinion valued, and you want your time to matter!
- Flexible work schedule
- Report to and support the CTO and the Head of Engineering in designing, constructing and validating ALGIECEL ́s first full-scale demonstration CO2 utilization project
- Project management and product design leadership as well as technology scaling of photobioreactor, degasser & utility units and the biomass downstream process
- Coordination with project partners, external consultants, and suppliers
- Work out technical specifications for processes, equipment as basis for tender materials
- CAPEX/OPEX calculations and validation
- QEHS, GMP compliance
- Collaboration with ALGIECEl ́s pilot project team at the Danish Technological
- Institute on optimizing the pilot photobioreactor
- Participation in relevant events and workshops
The successful candidate has:
- Relevant engineering master’s degree and with minimum 5 years of experience from food, pharma, chemical or similar industries
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Strong experience in engineering project management, technology scaling and product design leadership
- Experience with execution of chemical and/or biological projects from idea, conceptual design, basic design, and detailed design to implementation
- Confident with equipment and utility specifications, as well as estimations of production and investment costs
- Experience with bioreactors or algae is a benefit but not a requirement
- Ability to create and work with mass- and energy balances, process flow diagrams, and pipe and Instrument diagrams
- Experience with QA/QEHS/HACCP/regulatory is an advantage
- Thrives with complexity and problem solving.
- Structure and analytical acumen.
- A positive attitude and is self-motivating
Start date: 1st November 2023
Place of work: Taastrup and Kalundborg
CTO | Algiecel
+45 21 36 20 28
VP Engineering | Algiecel
+45 40 32 51 72
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder