Project Director, Bridges Scandinavia, Lyngby, Denmark
Since 1939, COWI has pushed the boundaries of bridge, tunnel and marine design through our involvement in some of the world's largest, most iconic and complex projects.
With a full set of excellent competencies within bridge, tunnelling and marine design, combined with local presence and experience, our dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world - no matter how large or small. We manage our projects from offices located in Scandinavia, UK, Germany, Middle East, SE Asia, India and North America, and promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders across the globe.
We are recognized as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
We are seeking to recruit a knowledgeable, professional and effective leader to assume the role of Project Director on major bridge and structures projects located throughout Scandinavia, based from our head office in Lyngby, Denmark.
We are seeking to locate a technical strong, commercially aware Project Director to take the technical and commercial lead on a major bridge schemes or framework projects in Denmark, Norway or Sweden. You will have the ability to effectively lead a project team, make decisions, assume responsibility and communicate effectively at all levels. You will have experience of controlling projects from initial enquiry through to completion and have a broad range of management skills, with the ability to visualise the bigger picture, think and act quickly and effectively.
In addition to your vast experience, you will also be fluent in either Danish, Swedish or Norwegian and be extremely proficient in liaising with and building strong relations with clients and stakeholders.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
- You will hold either a Bachelor's Degree, Chartered Status or a PE in civil engineering
- You will have proven bridge and structures design experience (+20 years) which should include viaducts for highways, rail and metro, complex interchanges, concrete arch and steel bridges
- You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in at least one Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish)
- You must have proven experience of leading project teams on major bridge or framework projects
- You will possess demonstrable experience of working within the design sector for either a consulting engineer or a contractor
- You will have proven senior management and client relationship building skills, will be able to lead bids / tenders and oversee the commercial and contractual elements of a project
- You are ready to travel
As Project Director, you will refer to the Vice President for Bridges Scandinavia - Bridge Design and Management, and you will have the ultimate responsibility for projects assigned to you including business development, bids / tenders, client liaison, quality, commercial and contractual control. You will manage and direct a project team, will be responsible for the full execution of the projects and for ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, to the client's satisfaction and within the budget constraints. You will act as the leader for all elements of the projects assigned to you, giving advice to the client and their representatives whilst leading and managing the project and the design team.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and mentoring a project team of engineers, BIM modellers/drafters and support staff
- Team building, mentoring and development for the project team members
- Business development and leading proposals for new work
- Preparation of contract documents, contract management and risk management
- Overseeing / producing the project plan, ensuring compliance to COWI’s ISO certified quality system.
- Develop and implement design best practices in areas of expertise
- Responsible for accurate forecasting, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned project(s)
- Partnering with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to client requirements
Remuneration & Benefits:
COWI is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work and we have designed a benefits package that will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with a bonus scheme and a range of flexible employee benefits that you would expect from a leading regional employer.
Further, we offer continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalized internal technical networks, relevant project management training through the COWI Academy and conference participation.
How to Apply:
Applying could not be easier, please click the "Ansøg" link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder